The January A-Level Maths Thread. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Taslima
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Ah well.. i have P2 Math (Edexcel) on Monday, i guess i'm stressin it cause P2 is just that damn hard. Feel unprepared, but i will pass it as ive done alot of past papers.. i guess ive done an adequate amount of revision for the exam but still unprepared as every past paper i have attempted always comes up with mystical questions which i just look at in amazement O_O make you feel really dumb... the heinemann book doesnt help alot as it has very easy examples to questions, and then impossibly hard questions that will never come up on an exam, and not forgetting the amount of incorrect answers in the back x_X

Anyone wana comment?
How well is everyone prepared?
Did everyone attempt the P2 Specimen paper O_O
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Incorrect answers in the back is a bane to my life. The exams gets easier each year, so don't worry about it.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Had P4 and Physics Mod 1.

Got M2, Physics Mod 8D, Economics of development, Economics of work and leisure to go.

I've resorted to this being a chance to get a couple of them out the way, and resit the rest in summer, as all the recent stress has meant practically zero preparation.
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Taslima)
Ah well.. i have P2 Math (Edexcel) on Monday, i guess i'm stressin it cause P2 is just that damn hard. Feel unprepared, but i will pass it as ive done alot of past papers.. i guess ive done an adequate amount of revision for the exam but still unprepared as every past paper i have attempted always comes up with mystical questions which i just look at in amazement O_O make you feel really dumb... the heinemann book doesnt help alot as it has very easy examples to questions, and then impossibly hard questions that will never come up on an exam, and not forgetting the amount of incorrect answers in the back x_X

Anyone wana comment?
How well is everyone prepared?
Did everyone attempt the P2 Specimen paper O_O
I do OCR and there are that many mistakes that in the answer section even the page and question numbers are wrong and you often get + replaced by = to get a line that goes on forever with A=B=C=E like that. Its shocking, even the corrections in the correction booklet are wrong!
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
Im grossely under-prepared for P2 on Monday. After managing to mess up D1 (again) on Friday I think that Im looking at sitting / resitting all 6 of my maths modules in the summer to try and improve my grade. Ive done some past papers and have gone through the heinemann textbook and revision books but I dont feel at all ready (probably because we only finished the syllabus last week). With any luck I will get some questions that I like and won't fail on a massive scale!!!
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
Incorrect answers in the back is a bane to my life. The exams gets easier each year, so don't worry about it.

I hate it when people say things like that. It just undermines people and devalues the grades they get.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
I hate it when people say things like that. It just undermines people and devalues the grades they get.
But it is true, the exams if you do them from 1999 onwards, they get easier. Even the teachers reckon so. Infact, the 2004 exam was the easiest by far. Maybe not all exams per se, but a majority of them.
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But it is true, the exams if you do them from 1999 onwards, they get easier. Even the teachers reckon so. Infact, the 2004 exam was the easiest by far. Maybe not all exams per se, but a majority of them.

I did my P1 last week, and I did all the past papers from around 2000 before. The hardest one was definitely one of the 2002 ones, I can't remember wich session. But I presume the boundaries were set lower for this paper. As it's weighted, I suppose it doesn't matter so much.
Taslima
I agree.
June 2003 paper, the grade boundaries were insanely high (65% for a C, 75% for a B), as it was easy, compared to January 2003 and November 2002 (which were stupidly hard). Maybe there is a trend.. but i wouldnt bet money on it... and knowing my luck, this will probably be a hard paper.

but yeah.. im unprepared.. and stressin it x_X
Taslima
hmz.. i guess ill be doing 4 maths modules in June then.

P1
P2
P3
M2

X_x
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hmz.. i guess ill be doing 4 maths modules in June then.

P1
P2
P3
M2

X_x
I'll be doing:

P2
P3
M1
M2
S1
Taslima
Actually... make that 5

I'll be doing M1 aswell.. since i'm revising for M2 anyways

why the hell not? :|
RagnarokXVII
Report 16 years ago
I did Great in P2 but i didnt do so well in P4

looks like i have 9 maths exams this summer

P4 resit
P5
P3
M2
M3
D1
D2
D3
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by RagnarokXVII)
I did Great in P2 but i didnt do so well in P4

looks like i have 9 maths exams this summer

P4 resit
P5
P3
M2
M3
D1
D2
D3
D3? I thought it only went up to D2? Must be a different exam board? :confused:
mikesgt2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have done P3 and D1 in Jan exams so far. I am sitting P4 tomorrow morning, exam starts at 8:45. I havn't got into school for 8:45 for about 2 years!
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you need to do lots of revision for maths then you aren't very good at it. Why dont you try media studies or drama?

Dont worry when you get to uni they will just give you a first for turning up these days.
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The exams gets easier each year, so don't worry about it.
Not necessarily. If you mean every new syllabus revision then you're probably correct.

J.
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree.
June 2003 paper, the grade boundaries were insanely high (65% for a C, 75% for a B), as it was easy,
Really?! I got 96/100 in that!

J.
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
Im grossely under-prepared for P2 on Monday. After managing to mess up D1 (again) on Friday I think that Im looking at sitting / resitting all 6 of my maths modules in the summer to try and improve my grade. Ive done some past papers and have gone through the heinemann textbook and revision books but I dont feel at all ready (probably because we only finished the syllabus last week). With any luck I will get some questions that I like and won't fail on a massive scale!!!
My situation is so much similar to yours, I have P2 2mrw but I reckon I'll retake it in june again because I know I will be able to get a much higher mark than I 2morows - P3 revision will help with p2 revision !!

So I will end up with 6 maths exams come june -p1-3, s1-2 and m1!

But alevel maths is suited to our situations as everthing is gradual - I for definate am getting better and better and so come june i'l be ready for all the maths exams as best i can
Taslima
oh god.. i'm stressed the fcuk out now about tomorrows P2.. it's no consolation that i can resit either, just the thought of not doing the well the 1st time when all my friends will :_(

this sux :/
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.47%
No- I want it (69)
28.05%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads