The Student Room Group

Portuguese Thread!

Hey I am new here and I'm looking for Portuguese people! I would like to know if you are applying/have applied to the UK, or are you already studying there!Let's share our experiences!
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello! Hope Brazilian counts for this thread? I've just applied for this application cycle for undergrad. You?
Reply 2
I'll apply to the UK in 2011 if I can get a loan or something like that. I want to apply for Journalism. Wow, I saw your signature, did you also apply to the States?
Hey! Yeah, I actually live in the U.S. at the moment but I can't wait to (hopefully) go to school in the UK next year. I applied to schools here as back-ups and in the hopes of getting a scholarship in case everything goes belly-up as far as the UK goes. Right on! Journalism sounds like it would be great fun. But yeah, I definitely went overboard with applications. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
You seem to be a very international girl, and that must be very good! About the scholarship, I would really need one. Do you know where or when can I apply for one? If I get in a university in the UK, I don't want to fly there without being sure I get some fundings.
You have Portuguese citizenship, right? Depending on the universities you apply to, I know there are some great bursaries and scholarships for EU citizens. Let me try and find the lists. Where were you thinking of applying?
Reply 6
Yes, I have Portuguese citizenship. I haven't really researched much yet, but at the moment I would apply to Glasgow Caledonian University, Nottingham Trent University, University of Central Lancashire and University of Sheffield.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi! I'm also portuguese. I'm applying next year, I want to study Maths and Philosophy at uni. Good luck with your application!
I'm half-brazilian/half-German :smile: I hope that counts ;D

Original post by SquidPt
Yes, I have Portuguese citizenship. I haven't really researched much yet, but at the moment I would apply to Glasgow Caledonian University, Nottingham Trent University, University of Central Lancashire and University of Sheffield.

EU citizens who have lived in the EU the past 3 years can apply to SAAS to cover their tuition fees (for unis in Scotland only!). I don't know anything about England though..
Reply 9
Hello everyone, I'm new here and decided to post since I'm Portuguese xD. I'm thinking in applying to Bournemouth University for a MA degree in 3D Computer Animation next year, but at the moment I'm collecting information and checking if i can get a scholarship/funding in order to help my studies there.

Anyone here going for Bournemouth aswell? Looking forward to talk to people that want to go there or are already there.

Best regards for all
Hey! I'm Portuguese as well but I'm only applying next year as I still have two year left in High School.

Right now I'm thinking about studying Law and my "main choices" include LSE, UCL, Queen Mary, King's College and I'm also considering Cambridge but not too sure about it...
Reply 11
omg not a lot of Portuguese around, eh?
I'm also Portuguese (we'll I've been living in Portugal for 8 years). I'll be applying for media production in 2012

But why would ANYONE want to leave Portugal?!? Our prime minister just resigned, we’re one step away from bankruptcy and the minim wage is 420euros/month!

De qualquer maniera,
My mother is English and as a few connections with the British embassy in Lisbon. So if you have any questions about, well, anything just ask ^^
Reply 13
Portugal, Algarve... One more Portuguese to count....
I got admissions to Birmingham, Nottingham, Bristol and Edinburgh. However I also got offers from Lund Sweden and still waiting for responses from Copenhagen and Helsinki. It's a quite dilemma between UK and Scandianvia...

O que acham? Would you rather go to UK?

I actually was reading a lot that Scandinavian nations are very closed and do not give a lot of opportunities to foreigns that comes from another countries even if they are EU. But all of my teachers pushing me to Scandinavia, at least no tuition fees.
Reply 14
Original post by VKulesh
Portugal, Algarve... One more Portuguese to count....
I got admissions to Birmingham, Nottingham, Bristol and Edinburgh. However I also got offers from Lund Sweden and still waiting for responses from Copenhagen and Helsinki. It's a quite dilemma between UK and Scandianvia...

O que acham? Would you rather go to UK?

I actually was reading a lot that Scandinavian nations are very closed and do not give a lot of opportunities to foreigns that comes from another countries even if they are EU. But all of my teachers pushing me to Scandinavia, at least no tuition fees.

Excellent unis, Bristol is the best one there I think. Come to the UK, the unis here have better reputation worldwide :biggrin:

Original post by noneedforapplause

De qualquer maniera,
My mother is English and as a few connections with the British embassy in Lisbon. So if you have any questions about, well, anything just ask ^^

What unis you applying to? :biggrin:
Reply 15
Well yeah, at some point I recognize that UK's job prospects are superior to Scandinavia's. Unfortunately things in Portugal doesn't look good so my intentions will be trying to stay in the country that will provide me an education.

However from my point of view if I want to continue my education to a Phd level Scandinavia is a place to be because I will get paid.

I think they are all great Universities but each one has slightly different programme. If I will go to UK, University of Birmingham will be my firm choice.

I still have some time to think so will see how it is going to work.
Original post by ussumane

What unis you applying to? :biggrin:

Lincoln, Northumbria and Brunel but I have my fingers crossed for Northumbria. :cute:
Reply 17
One more ... i'll be studying Psychology at London Met in Part-Time. Hope we can all meet soon in London.
Reply 18
Original post by noneedforapplause
Lincoln, Northumbria and Brunel but I have my fingers crossed for Northumbria. :cute:

fixe, I have a friend going for Northumbria too :h:
Original post by ussumane
fixe, I have a friend going for Northumbria too :h:

Is he liking it? Eu estou bastante nervosa :s
Where are you studying?

Quick Reply

Latest