This discussion is closed.
Lisa ST
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
If i put my baby up for adoption then can i still see her/he on weekends or something????
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lisa ST)
If i put my baby up for adoption then can i still see her/he on weekends or something????
Only if it's ok with the new parents, however it will make it so much harder for you in the long run.
I have to say all my friends that are adopted are some of the nicest prettiest people I know, maybe adoption agrees with people.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Probably. But in future can or will you give up your time to do so?
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lisa ST)
i think that would be extremely difficult.
*Riz*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well you could if you agreed on that with the adoptive parents,b ut I doubt that would happen. Adoption is meant to be a complete new start for the child, you are handing over your right of parenthood over that child to someone else so technically you have no right to keep on seeing it. I know it's hard but I think you need to decide to either keep the baby or let go completly. Seeing the baby every weekend would only hurt you even more (and confuse the child as he/she grew up)
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Even if you are allowed to, I don't think you should. You'll start feeling attached to the child and feel even worse because you can't take it back. My advice is move on - you might give birth but that does not automatically give you the qualities of a mother, for the child's sake this child should not be yours.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.ruralwellbeing.org.uk/eng...nt/choice.php3

You need to seek professional advice we are not experts on this and I for one dont know your full range of options, you can email most of these organisations so why not phone and email for more information.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (215)
67.82%
No (102)
32.18%

Watched Threads