The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Interview at Leeds University for Civil engineering.

Hi there. Just found out that i have to attend an interview at Leeds for civil engineering. I am just wondering if anyone else has also received a letter to attend an interview?

Mine is on 3rd November. Cannot wait :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I haven't even received acknowledgement of my application yet, Leeds is the only university not to >_<

/sob
Reply 3
I got a letter through from them today for civil engineering and mine's on November 10th.
Hopefully because it's informal it won't be that stressful.

Excited..but nervous, my mum's definitely more excited than I am.
Reply 4
I have had my interview and it went brilliantly well, Proffessor who was interviewing me was really down to earth, relaxed and did not pressurize me. Everyone is extremely nice and the food is great :smile:

Got a conditional - AAB. Well happy!
Reply 5
What was the general dress code? Smart e.g. Shirts, smart trousers & shoes or more casual smart wear?
Reply 6
I just wore a smart shirt, jacket, smart jeans and black shoes. Everyone wore similar and only one person came in a suit.
Reply 7
hi may i know how long is the course? 3 or 4 years?
Reply 8
The course you apply for is 4 years long (MEng), but you can choose once on this course to only do a BEng.
Reply 9
i applied for Beng H200, so it's 3 years course? (without exemption)

can i opt to go up masters during the 3 years?
Reply 10
Yes you can. You have to achieve a 50 or 60% average throughout the whole year i think.
Reply 11
is the degree with honors?
Is the interview more a sort of open day to try and get you to make leeds your first choice?
Or have a lot of people who have gone to interview been turned down?
mines on the 7th november
Reply 13
Original post by JamesPen
I have had my interview and it went brilliantly well, Proffessor who was interviewing me was really down to earth, relaxed and did not pressurize me. Everyone is extremely nice and the food is great :smile:

Got a conditional - AAB. Well happy!

I have an interview there tomorrow for Chemistry!
Did they ask you any impossible subject specific questions? Or was it more of an informal chat?
Reply 14
Original post by climbthepeak
Is the interview more a sort of open day to try and get you to make leeds your first choice?
Or have a lot of people who have gone to interview been turned down?
mines on the 7th november

How did your interview go? I've got one on the 6th feb. What do they ask you and what is the dress code? I have no idea how to prepare!
Reply 15
Hi leniilou,i have same stress as u had , because i have interview on the 19th of march which is tuesday. So i would like u to share with me u have been ask in interview and what was the typical question, was it a formal interview or informal interview and the most important the they ask u any mathematic question to solve it and what was the unexpecting question ? Can u plz let me as soon as possible plz.
Reply 16
It was a really informal type of interview, there's about 6 interviews going on at once in a room and you get assigned one member of staff. They basically ask you about your personal statement and why you want to be a civil engineer and that's about it. I think it only lasts about 10/15 minutes. Just make sure you know your personal statement well and have some good questions to ask the interviewer. Basically everyone who gets an interview gets an offer so nothing to worry about. Everyone was dressed fairly informally too, I'd say smart casual. Hope that helps :smile:
How many of you got an offer after the interview?
Reply 18
Hey guys, has anyone received an invite to have an interview?
Reply 19
Original post by Greasy Gorilla
How many of you got an offer after the interview?

Did u get an interview?

Quick Reply

Latest