Turn on thread page Beta

Scott Parker for England? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    OK what about if and when Scholes calls time on his England career? It would happen sooner than for Gerrard, so Parker has a better chance then, no? Would you then pick him over Lampard and Joe Cole among others?
    At least for one match - Joe Cole's pretty good too though

ReputationRep:
    OK what about if and when Scholes calls time on his England career? It would happen sooner than for Gerrard, so Parker has a better chance then, no? Would you then pick him over Lampard and Joe Cole among others?
    definitely over joey cole but not so sure about lampard - i think lampard is more assured of himself because he is competing with big stars for his place at Chelsea and he is their main player - Parker is a big fish in a small pond

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    and you may well. if you wanted to make a more informed comment you should watch him playing for Charton sometime. Sven often attends the Valley and is pleased with his performance every time
    I would prefer to watch him play in an England side rather than a Charlton side. With respect he needs to have world class players around him to see how good he is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I would prefer to watch him play in an England side rather than a Charlton side. With respect he needs to have world class players around him to see how good he is.
    yeah so he needs to be given a chance then doesn't he?

ReputationRep:
    I think Charlton are a terrific club, they've shown how to settle into the Premiership, and unlike Leeds have never got ahead of themselves. Having said that Parker needs a bigger club. And I would pick Lampard over him for England.

ReputationRep:
    yeah so he needs to be given a chance then doesn't he?
    If he is that good then yes. ANybody is worth a friendly if they show promise but putting him in to competitive game without that would be stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I think Charlton are a terrific club, they've shown how to settle into the Premiership, and unlike Leeds have never got ahead of themselves. Having said that Parker needs a bigger club. And I would pick Lampard over him for England.
    Agreed. He plays with classier players and looks good in a class side. The same reason Bridge moved from Southampton.

ReputationRep:
    I think Parker will leave one day but Charlton are looking very strong even then.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. He plays with classier players and looks good in a class side. The same reason Bridge moved from Southampton.
    Lampard should be their captain really, he not only manages to play in a midfield consisting of Makalele, Veron, Duff, Cole etc; but is their most influential and talismanic player. More so than Wise ever was. I'm a huge fan of Lampard.

ReputationRep:
    nice point Zju

ReputationRep:
    parker's for the future, but not if he goes to Chelsea where his development will be serverly stunted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    parker's for the future, but not if he goes to Chelsea where his development will be serverly stunted.
    yeah - he should stay at Charlton or he'll hardly ever play again in the premiership

ReputationRep:
    yeah - he should stay at Charlton or he'll hardly ever play again in the premiership
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    well maybe a club which could pay him more, but not to chelsea who have too many midfielders.

ReputationRep:
    well maybe a club which could pay him more, but not to chelsea who have too many midfielders.
    lol. i think i'll stop posting on this now. i'm too biased.

ReputationRep:
    lol. i think i'll stop posting on this now. i'm too biased.
    well charlton's away record is apparently as good as Arsenal's which must be good (not til tommorow though)

ReputationRep:
    He doesnt have to go to Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    He doesnt have to go to Chelsea.
    didn't say he did

ReputationRep:
    well charlton's away record is apparently as good as Arsenal's which must be good (not til tommorow though)
    yeah - think we just came equal with arsenal after beating everton

ReputationRep:
    Parker will be a top player in a few years, i fear though he will have some trouble getting in the England team now. He would need to displace Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard, or Butt. He needs to be playing football at a higher level - maybe Liverpool could buy him?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.