This discussion is closed.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
OK what about if and when Scholes calls time on his England career? It would happen sooner than for Gerrard, so Parker has a better chance then, no? Would you then pick him over Lampard and Joe Cole among others?
At least for one match - Joe Cole's pretty good too though
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
OK what about if and when Scholes calls time on his England career? It would happen sooner than for Gerrard, so Parker has a better chance then, no? Would you then pick him over Lampard and Joe Cole among others?
definitely over joey cole but not so sure about lampard - i think lampard is more assured of himself because he is competing with big stars for his place at Chelsea and he is their main player - Parker is a big fish in a small pond
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
and you may well. if you wanted to make a more informed comment you should watch him playing for Charton sometime. Sven often attends the Valley and is pleased with his performance every time
I would prefer to watch him play in an England side rather than a Charlton side. With respect he needs to have world class players around him to see how good he is.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I would prefer to watch him play in an England side rather than a Charlton side. With respect he needs to have world class players around him to see how good he is.
yeah so he needs to be given a chance then doesn't he?
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I think Charlton are a terrific club, they've shown how to settle into the Premiership, and unlike Leeds have never got ahead of themselves. Having said that Parker needs a bigger club. And I would pick Lampard over him for England.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah so he needs to be given a chance then doesn't he?
If he is that good then yes. ANybody is worth a friendly if they show promise but putting him in to competitive game without that would be stupid.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think Charlton are a terrific club, they've shown how to settle into the Premiership, and unlike Leeds have never got ahead of themselves. Having said that Parker needs a bigger club. And I would pick Lampard over him for England.
Agreed. He plays with classier players and looks good in a class side. The same reason Bridge moved from Southampton.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think Parker will leave one day but Charlton are looking very strong even then.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Agreed. He plays with classier players and looks good in a class side. The same reason Bridge moved from Southampton.
Lampard should be their captain really, he not only manages to play in a midfield consisting of Makalele, Veron, Duff, Cole etc; but is their most influential and talismanic player. More so than Wise ever was. I'm a huge fan of Lampard.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
nice point Zju
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
parker's for the future, but not if he goes to Chelsea where his development will be serverly stunted.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
parker's for the future, but not if he goes to Chelsea where his development will be serverly stunted.
yeah - he should stay at Charlton or he'll hardly ever play again in the premiership
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah - he should stay at Charlton or he'll hardly ever play again in the premiership
agreed
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well maybe a club which could pay him more, but not to chelsea who have too many midfielders.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well maybe a club which could pay him more, but not to chelsea who have too many midfielders.
lol. i think i'll stop posting on this now. i'm too biased.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol. i think i'll stop posting on this now. i'm too biased.
well charlton's away record is apparently as good as Arsenal's which must be good (not til tommorow though)
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
He doesnt have to go to Chelsea.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
He doesnt have to go to Chelsea.
didn't say he did
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well charlton's away record is apparently as good as Arsenal's which must be good (not til tommorow though)
yeah - think we just came equal with arsenal after beating everton
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Parker will be a top player in a few years, i fear though he will have some trouble getting in the England team now. He would need to displace Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard, or Butt. He needs to be playing football at a higher level - maybe Liverpool could buy him?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (52)
19.33%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (59)
21.93%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (52)
19.33%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (56)
20.82%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.29%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
9.29%

Watched Threads