Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Wilkinson or Kay?

I'd go with Kay.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Kay - hmm - i think Wilkinson would make a good captain because although he is young he commands the respect of the whole team because of his excellent tempermant, committed tackling and ball distribution not to forget his superb kicking - i still havent forgiven Kay for his fumble and missed try in the final - although i recognise his contribution to the team
emzie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it wont be Wilkinson
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But if u worry about experience then put Dallagio as captain
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emzie)
it wont be Wilkinson
why not - he is young but then Graeme Smith is only 22yrs old for the South African Cricket team and he is doing an excellent job
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
Kay - hmm - i think Wilkinson would make a good captain because although he is young he commands the respect of the whole team because of his excellent tempermant, committed tackling and ball distribution not to forget his superb kicking - i still havent forgiven Kay for his fumble and missed try in the final - although i recognise his contribution to the team
It would be unwise to give Wilkinson the job. It is a burden, he hates the limelight, it will put pressure on him and as we saw he falters under pressure (that includes the final). He isnt a leader.

Kay is a leader.

Dallagio would be a great choice if he was five years younger. We need someone to be in charge right through to the next world cup.
emzie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeh joey explained why it wont be wilko. the papers think it will be Dallagio
emzie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...952580,00.html
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Kay. Wilko has enough to handle without having the added pressure of being captain on him.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Joey u make a strong point - i also think the fact that Dallagio was the captain b4 would mean that if he became capt again we would not be moving forward - i take ur point - Kay should be the logical choice. Take ur point about Wilko's pressure too
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
have u guys ever been to Twickenham?
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?

Others are suggesting Kay though. I agree. It has to be someone who will definatly be around by the next world cup.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
I've played there twice.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
cool - i went there once on a school P.E. Trip in 1999
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
kay
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
kay
There arent many other options. Vickery is another but I still think Kay is the best option.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I love rugby although i prefer rugby league to union. I think that Wilkinson does deserve captain but as someone said before, he's not exactly the press type, which us what it already relieves to much of. But does anyone actually look at the good stuff like how fit is Ben Cohen and Wilkinson. Hello! Well i wouldn't kick him out of bed, weather they'd be throwing me out of bed is a very different story. Oh yeah the actual thread. I'm sure who ever gets it will (or better) lead our squad to victory! I'll just say Kay for the moment.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lots of times, it wont by jonny because as has been said he does not need the extra pressure and it places even more importance on one player in our team. He may be good but it is a team game and therefore the rest of the england squad should feel that they are needed. I want dallagio but he is a little too old. Kay would probably be better.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Andy Robinson told our school it could be Hill.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Wilkinson or Kay?

I'd go with Kay.
It won't be wilkinson. Kay hasn't got the experience - i'd like to see Dallaglio doing it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads