This discussion is closed.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
have u guys ever been to Twickenham?
I live in Twickenham and work part time at the rugby Stadium.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
It won't be wilkinson. Kay hasn't got the experience - i'd like to see Dallaglio doing it.
robinson also said it was very unlikely to be Dallaglio since his form wasnt great at the mo, he's to old and he has been captain already.

but i suppose it is woodward who chooses at the end of the day, i also think its unlikely to wilkinson
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
robinson also said it was very unlikely to be Dallaglio since his form wasnt great at the mo, he's to old and he has been captain already.

but i suppose it is woodward who chooses at the end of the day, i also think its unlikely to wilkinson
Yeah, he's too young and too much in the public eye.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
I love rugby although i prefer rugby league to union.
Although I'm union through and threw I love rugby League. There is so much more skill involved compared to Union. Andrew Johns, Brett Kimmorley and Stacy Jones put Wilkinson to shame. Australian State of Origin is by far the toughest sporting competition in the world bar none.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Although I'm union through and threw I love rugby League. There is so much more skill involved compared to Union. Andrew Johns, Brett Kimmorley and Stacy Jones put Wilkinson to shame. Australian State of Origin is by far the toughest sporting competition in the world bar none.
im sorry but i disagree with that last bit:

biathlon skiing is far harder: for training they do a marathon in the morning and then do a similar distance cross country skiing which is harder! on top of that you have circuit training and target practice. when it comes to the shooting range top biathatheletes have to lower their pulse from around 180 beats per minute to 120 to have any chance of hitting the target in around 15 secounds.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
DANNY GREWCOCK FOR ENGLAND CAPTAIN!!!

by the way, how come all the nominations for the job (bar Wilkinson) seem to all be forwards. Surely there are some backs who could do the job equally well?
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Dallaglio.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
im sorry but i disagree with that last bit:

biathlon skiing is far harder: for training they do a marathon in the morning and then do a similar distance cross country skiing which is harder! on top of that you have circuit training and target practice. when it comes to the shooting range top biathatheletes have to lower their pulse from around 180 beats per minute to 120 to have any chance of hitting the target in around 15 secounds.
You have obviously never watched State of Origin. Biathlon skiiers dont get the sh*t beaten out of them during the process. State of Origin is legalised GBH.
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
kay should be fine, otherwise it will put more pressure on wilkinson !!!
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4Ed)
DANNY GREWCOCK FOR ENGLAND CAPTAIN!!!

by the way, how come all the nominations for the job (bar Wilkinson) seem to all be forwards. Surely there are some backs who could do the job equally well?
There isnt an outstanding candidate in the back line. Either too old, too young or not likely to be a dead certain starter.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There isnt an outstanding candidate in the back line. Either too old, too young or not likely to be a dead certain starter.
Tindall or Greenwood? They've got masses of experience. And Matt Perry (if anyone still remembers him) is a seasoned campaigner as well as being England's most capped full back - he should be back in the England side.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
Tindall or Greenwood? They've got masses of experience. And Matt Perry (if anyone still remembers him) is a seasoned campaigner as well as being England's most capped full back - he should be back in the England side.
I saw Tindall twice yesterday!
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4Ed)
Greenwood would be a great candidate but sadly he is too old. Tindall is injured at the moment and I doubt wether he will get his place back if Henry Paul gets a chance, and as I expect shines. Paul can rip defences apart, Tindall cant.

Lewsey will not be ousted, he is class. Robinson or Balshaw are far better than Perry.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
there was a reason why tindall was in the squad and paul wasnt, hes a better player.

Is state of orgin rugby league or australian football. i asumed it to be the first. either way if you are taking about violence why dont u watch boxing?
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
there was a reason why tindall was in the squad and paul wasnt, hes a better player.

Is state of orgin rugby league or australian football. i asumed it to be the first. either way if you are taking about violence why dont u watch boxing?
Lol. Boxing doesnt have nearly as muc skill involved and can be over in seconds. Rugby league State of Origin lasts for 80 minutes with one stopage at half time. There is no backing out unlike in boxing.

Paul is better than Tindall. TIndall has little to his game. Paul can do things with the ball in hand that no one in the current England team dream of doing and his defence is water tight due to him being an ex league player. Just you wait and see when he gets his chance.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lol. Boxing doesnt have nearly as muc skill involved and can be over in seconds. Rugby league State of Origin lasts for 80 minutes with one stopage at half time. There is no backing out unlike in boxing.

Paul is better than Tindall. TIndall has little to his game. Paul can do things with the ball in hand that no one in the current England team dream of doing and his defence is water tight due to him being an ex league player. Just you wait and see when he gets his chance.
i think Paul will get his chance, but i dont think he will replace tindall. tindall is criticised for only taking crash balls but he has more than that to his game.

if boxing doesnt have the skill, table tennis surely does, i think the point are u saying it has the most varied aspects as a sport, that i could agree with that. but i dont think it is the most competitive, why do you think so many league players are converting codes?
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Paul is slightly better than average.
Munster ripped Gloucester apart yesterday and Paul couldn't handle the pressure.
Tindall is one of the primary reasons that Englands defence is so legendary.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
i think Paul will get his chance, but i dont think he will replace tindall. tindall is criticised for only taking crash balls but he has more than that to his game.

if boxing doesnt have the skill, table tennis surely does, i think the point are u saying it has the most varied aspects as a sport, that i could agree with that. but i dont think it is the most competitive, why do you think so many league players are converting codes?
There aren't that many league players converting codes. The reason why they do is for $$$, and notice that all the ones that have have done just about everything in league anyway. Why do you think so many Union players converted to league in the past? $$$

Ask any Australian, they would beg to differ, state of origin is the pinnicale of competitiveness. League in Australia is so strong (way more popular than union) it can withstand any poaching.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Paul is slightly better than average.
Munster ripped Gloucester apart yesterday and Paul couldn't handle the pressure.
Tindall is one of the primary reasons that Englands defence is so legendary.
I disagree. I've seen what Paul can do in League. I doubt you have. He can run games, whilst Tindall cant. I agree Tindalls defence is good though.

The reason why Englands defence is so legendary is because they have an ex league player as their defensive coach. Much like every other big international Union side.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
does league have anything like the heniken cup? where teams from more than one country play?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
29.63%
No (16)
59.26%
Don't know (3)
11.11%

Watched Threads