This discussion is closed.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I disagree. I've seen what Paul can do in League. I doubt you have. He can run games, whilst Tindall cant. I agree Tindalls defence is good though.

The reason why Englands defence is so legendary is because they have an ex league player as their defensive coach. Much like every other big international Union side.
Ok. Put Paul in Tindalls place and you have a much less solid defence.
Did you see Munster vs. Gloucester yesterday? Paul missed several important tackles, and got sin-binned.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
also the impression i get for why tindall is in the team and paul isnt is because of consistancy, by the way in the final it wasnt a choice between tindall and catt it was a choice between greenwood and catt, that is how highly the england management rate tindall.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
does league have anything like the heniken cup? where teams from more than one country play?
Its called the NRL. It consists of teams from Australia and one from New Zealand. The toughest league in the world.

In england league, there is only about 5 teams which on any given day can beat any other team. In the NRL any team can beat any other. Even last season, Penrith who won the grand final came last in the league the year before.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
also the impression i get for why tindall is in the team and paul isnt is because of consistancy, by the way in the final it wasnt a choice between tindall and catt it was a choice between greenwood and catt, that is how highly the england management rate tindall.
Catt should play against high quality defences/fowards, as a tool to take the pressure off of Wilkinson. Greenwood should be used for exploiting lesser defences.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Its all ifs and buts. The way I see it is Clive Woodward doesnt like tampering with a winning side. If Paul can prove himself while Tindall is injured he will have the place for keeps. Tindall might have a better defence, but attack is the best form of defence and with Paul you have got someone who has the ability to rip defences apart with crash hot balls.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the if and buts are based on my intrepetation of what Andy Robinson said to us about how they select the side, so there is some logic behind it
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Its all ifs and buts. The way I see it is Clive Woodward doesnt like tampering with a winning side. If Paul can prove himself while Tindall is injured he will have the place for keeps. Tindall might have a better defence, but attack is the best form of defence and with Paul you have got someone who has the ability to rip defences apart with crash hot balls.
You've got that in Greenwood, Robinson, Cohen, Lewsey, Kay, Balshaw. Tindall adds balance to the England back line.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bigcnee)
You've got that in Greenwood, Robinson, Cohen, Lewsey, Kay, Balshaw. Tindall adds balance to the England back line.
You have also got it in any top quality league side, people with ball top handling skills. They dont need any balance there and watching a league attack is far more impressive than watching a union attack. (and I am union through and through)

You forget that Paul and Robinson played together at Wigan very successfully. He can provide crash hot balls for billy Whizz that Tindall cannot. Robinson didnt get nearly enough ball in the world cup, he needs better quality passes (i.e. timing)
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
the if and buts are based on my intrepetation of what Andy Robinson said to us about how they select the side, so there is some logic behind it
Brian Ashton taught me for eight years at school. He taught me what I know. He would agree with most of what I am saying.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (214)
67.94%
No (101)
32.06%

Watched Threads