The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
don't worry, I passed 6th time :smile: and I NEVER thought I'd pass, EVER!
I took a certain tablet that would calm me down, but it was a placebo really.

just try and relax, rubbish advice but it's also the best
Reply 2
basketofsnakes
lmao 5th test wtf are you retarded?

oh that's helpful isn't it?!
I passed 6th time and the examiner said I was one of the "best candidates he'd ever had" and "more people should drive like me".

I personally found the whole experience far too scary and nerve wracking and didn't perform to my ability... but to say someone is retarded is incredibly, incredibly offensive.
I haven't taken a practical test yet, but I did used to be terribly nervous on every driving lesson :s-smilie:. And then I started taking Rescue Remedy, and it really miraculously calms my nerves and ups my confidence, so now I'm actually making progress :smile:. I reckon you could give that a try, I have read many reviews of people using it for driving tests sucessfully :yep:
Reply 4
basketofsnakes
lmao 5th test wtf are you retarded?

Dont come here and talk sh!t, go do that somewhere else.
Reply 5
It took me a good few times to pass my driving test. I thought I would never pass but in the end I did so even if you don't pass today you will still pass your test sometime. Just try and remain as calm and focused as possible. If you make a mistake don't worry about it and move on, it may of just gone down as a minor fault. Are you getting to nervous which is causing you to fail? if you are try taking some rescue remedy? maybe go to the doctors (I know its a bit late now!) to see if they could prescribe you with a beta blocker which will take ther nerves away. Let us know how your test goes and all the best! :smile:
I passed mine yesterday, the feeling is amazing, but don't focus on the fact that it is a test just think of it as another lesson, confidence is the main factor as to whether you pass or fail unfortunately, I found focussing on each turning rather than the overall test really helped me.
Reply 7
I've passed my test 3 times now, I've got another test in 2 weeks time.
Just don't poo in the car.
Heh, I'll just say that you only actually start learning to drive once you've passed your test.
Reply 10
Im getting picked up for my test in 20 mins, think yourself lucky that you have another day! If you lack so much confidence, try and pretend you someone else on the test. EG. i watched a mock test vid and the girl doing it was really good and calm, so im just goin to tell myself im her :L Also, talking to myself (in my head) when im about to do something eg. if examiner says ''turn left'' i'll think 'right... mirrors - check, indicate - check, slow down -check ect ect :smile: xxx

Ah, my apologies, just seen when this was posted! Hope its gone/goes well xx
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
little tip, if you do something blatantly obviously wrong, like forgetting to check a mirror, or forgetting to signal (which you shouldnt if you're taking your test) make sure to point it out the the examiner. just say "actually, should have checked my mirror there" then they think you know what you're doing and are more likely to just give you a minor instead of a major :smile:

also pray you dont get a head examiner, they're disgusting people on the whole (not all of them, just the majority)
Reply 12
While I was doing my test my examiner starting asking me about college and what universities I was thinking about applying to!

If you can relax for the first ten minutes, your examiner will too. This eases the pressure on both of us. Just remember to keep breathing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Don't worry at all. I failed my test first time and was so nervous when it came to my 2nd. Just imagine it's a driving lesson, but with a different instructor. That worked for me :smile:
Reply 14
PunkyFish-x
It took me a good few times to pass my driving test. I thought I would never pass but in the end I did so even if you don't pass today you will still pass your test sometime. Just try and remain as calm and focused as possible. If you make a mistake don't worry about it and move on, it may of just gone down as a minor fault. Are you getting to nervous which is causing you to fail? if you are try taking some rescue remedy? maybe go to the doctors (I know its a bit late now!) to see if they could prescribe you with a beta blocker which will take ther nerves away. Let us know how your test goes and all the best! :smile:

Passed!!!!!
Reply 15
Passed!!!!!!!
Dmosw8
Passed!!!!!!!

Yay! thats well good news! :biggrin:
well done! how did your test go then?
:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Well done on passing :congrats:
Reply 18
PunkyFish-x
Yay! thats well good news! :biggrin:
well done! how did your test go then?
:smile:

it was alright thanks, no traffic and some easy routes
You cant say much because people pass after the 10th time which makes them better drivers! shut your pie hole!