The Student Room Group

Durham Medical School applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Tabris

Original post by Tabris
I'm getting advice about the possibility of an appeal at the moment.

If not, I'll be withdrawing my offer and applying to SGUL and Notts next year for the last time via the GAMSAT. Do or die.

Bit of a shame really, because I absolutely love the North East. But if that's the way things are going to go, I can deal with it.

Ahh i see. Always other options :smile: You never know Helen might say, it doesn't matter, you can come anyway :biggrin:
Reply 441
Original post by DrWannabe

Ahh i see. Always other options :smile: You never know Helen might say, it doesn't matter, you can come anyway :biggrin:

I could only wish.

As nice as she is and as much as I could try to tug on her heart strings, I'm sure she's bound by professionalism and Durham uni rules though.

:frown:

Been emailing about the whole appeals process. Generally the only response has been. You can't appeal for academic judgement and it won't work. You can try if you want, but it's still pointless.
(edited 12 years ago)
Y
Original post by Tabris
I could only wish.

As nice as she is and as much as I could try to tug on her heart strings, I'm sure she's bound by professionalism and Durham uni rules though.

Been emailing about the whole appeals process. Generally the only response has been. You can't appeal for academic judgement and it won't work. You can try if you want, but it's still pointless.

If you want some more specific advice then you can pm me if you want to!! Ive been through an appeals process myself and i might be able to give you a different prospective??
Reply 443
Original post by Tabris

Original post by Tabris
I could only wish.

Do it. You'll always think what if, if you don't. You have nothing to lose!! Have you spoken to Helen? I can't seem to get hold of her, i've tried for a couple of days now :/
Reply 444
Do it. You'll always think what if, if you don't. You have nothing to lose!! Have you spoken to Helen? I can't seem to get hold of her, i've tried for a couple of days now :/

"I’m sorry, I wish there was something we could do for you but the entry criteria are set in stone; we’ll just have to cross fingers that the university accepts your appeal hit them with everything you’ve got!"

Bless her. I'm going to feel terrible if this whole appeal process fails.
Reply 445
Original post by Tabris

Original post by Tabris
"I’m sorry, I wish there was something we could do for you but the entry criteria are set in stone; we’ll just have to cross fingers that the university accepts your appeal hit them with everything you’ve got!"

Bless her. I'm going to feel terrible if this whole appeal process fails.

Exactly. Do as she says and hit them with everything you've got! :biggrin:.

I take it this was email then? Keep me updated with how you get on, would be cool to meet you in September :smile: I get the feeling you're female?
Reply 446
Exactly. Do as she says and hit them with everything you've got! :biggrin:.

I take it this was email then? Keep me updated with how you get on, would be cool to meet you in September :smile: I get the feeling you're female?

Yeah, it was.

I emailed her a few days ago about it and got the reply last night from the look of things.

I'll keep you guys up to tabs, but I'm not holding out for much unfortunately...

Also, next to the username! :eek:

Could be a bit of a shame though, I was looking forward to doing some college rowing too.
Reply 447
Original post by Tabris

Original post by Tabris
Yeah, it was.

I emailed her a few days ago about it and got the reply last night from the look of things.

I'll keep you guys up to tabs, but I'm not holding out for much unfortunately...

Also, next to the username! :eek:

Could be a bit of a shame though, I was looking forward to doing some college rowing too.

Oh sorry man :/ I didn't see that. I shall send an email her way then :smile:

Ooo you're a rower. I'm into my kayaking :biggrin:.
Reply 448
I'm really struggling to get hold of Helen :/ Does anyonw know how i can get in touch? Or have an alternative number to the one online?
Reply 449
Negs on the appeal. The Newcastle admissions guy sent me an email about sending my results to him (kinda funny because he'd literally be able to walk 50m and find out).

I'm in France atm. So can't really reply to him. Not like it matters now anyway.

It's been a pleasure though.
Reply 450
Original post by Tabris

Original post by Tabris
Negs on the appeal. The Newcastle admissions guy sent me an email about sending my results to him (kinda funny because he'd literally be able to walk 50m and find out).

I'm in France atm. So can't really reply to him. Not like it matters now anyway.

It's been a pleasure though.

I eventually got hold of Helen on Friday, maybe she was on leave or something. Good luck with your appeals process and any re-applications you may make :smile:
Reply 451
Original post by lekky
Hello! I'm afraid I only just saw this. Lots of reasons really but I generally just preferred Glasgow course and as a city. I would have been happy at either, but when I had to choose I started looking very closely at both and what I considered the faults of both. I'm sure you'll have a great time wherever you go :smile:

Hello Lekky

Thank you very much for the reply. I really love both Glasgow and Durham. But finally I decided to go King's for |geographical, course structure and family reasons. I missed my first year medic friends from Glasgow.

Your advice on TSR pages helped me alot to get offers from both Glasgow and Durham. Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending