The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lisaanne
That's just stupid, admissions tutors understand that candidates have a lot to say about themselves and will excuse a lack of paragraph usage in personal statements. I have heard this off two admissions tutors, as well as the head of sixth form at school.
So dont worry about putting spaces between paragraphs, it won't affect your chances :smile:

Don't say I didn't warn ya...

my head of sixth (ex) knows whats shes on about, and she said it, not me..
Reply 21
reading one PS after another....and seeing one which appears to have an awful lot on it....surely thats gonna put them off? i think having spaces between your pargraphs just gives the impression its not a LONG PS....
well, they wouldnt just leave it...but maybe just scan through it, instead of reading properly or something?....if u have enough characters, why not have spaces between the paragraphs?...if not, then try to make some room...if it isnt possible, then let it be....
Reply 22
I agree with Socrates. If you were an admissions tutor, which PS would you rather read? One that looks like it was written in a stream of consciousness style or one that is visually appealing? You dont want to piss the tutors off before they even read the first word.
Reply 23
admissions tutors aren't all ogre people, they understand the process, if someone has done a lot and it means they are suited to the uni, theyre going to get an offer. I used up every one of my 47 lines and didn't have any spaces between paragraphs, so we shall wait and see what effect it has :smile:
I just think if you have things to say, you should put it in if you've got lines left, even if it means leaving spaces out

Latest

Trending

Trending