GCSE Maths Coursework - Quadrat Virus Watch

This discussion is closed.
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I have been given some practice coursework by my teacher, the quadrat virus investigation dated september 2001-april 2001. I do not have any idea where to start with this. I was wondering if anybody has done this coursework and could help me get the idea of it or if anybody can give me any general maths coursework tips.

Thanks!
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Correction: September 2001-April 2002
gilyan
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
What kind of data is it? I'll help if I can.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
We have that to do and I'm a bit stuck. All I notice is every minute after the first minute 4 more squares are added on extra.

~Andrew
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You mean the one where it spreads out 1 in all directions?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I've just done this coursework as a practice, and really it's not THAT hard. For the squares, just draw them out, make a table, and find the formulas from there. Then to extend it, try to do the same with other shapes, like triangles.

So far I've found formulas for triangles, pentagons and hexagons, eventually finding a formula to find the formula for any shapes. Then I found the formula to find the formular for any 3D object's total number if infected cells as well as new cells infected per minute.

I haven't got my books with me at the moment, and I can't remember all the formulas off the top of my head, so you'll just have to make do with what I've proposed. Good luck!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
what is the formula to work out the number of infected cells for anyshape cos i cant find any relationship between them
anna
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
for that virus coursework ive done 2D but am really stuck on how to find the sequence for a cube! please someone help??!!!!!!????
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
try http://www.coursework.info , or just do a search for GCSE maths coursework 2001, etc. on google.co.uk, you're bound to find something. Good luck.

Phil
anna
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
aww thanx alot, al give it a go
anna
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
thanx but i cant find any thing to do wid wot am doin
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sorry about that, in that case I haven't got a clue. Have you tried the links in the thread at the top of the forum?
Is that like the bad tomato problem, whereby there's a tomato in the middle of a tray, and every hour the tomatos touching the bad tomato go off, and you have to find a formula etc for it if so, try searching for bad tomatto investigation, as I think they do have that on essaybank, if not tell me, and I'll see what I can remember.

Phil
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (96)
18.82%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (324)
63.53%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.71%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.94%

Watched Threads