The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Access to Leeds

What do you write in the Applicants statement section??
Is it just part of your personal statement?
Need to finish this asap but pretty confused :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well i didnt do the access to leeds i did the york one as im applyinh their but i assume its the same,
firstly i wrote about 2-3 lines saying i quick summary of why i wanted to go their and to the uni
then another few lines saying why i was applying via the scheme i did not say how it directly effects me i just said so and so happened during my exam time
in total i would say mine was about 5-6 lines not much but i got straight to the point
then i gave it into my 6th form and the guy their who deals with ucas knows me so he was like he will do the school refercning part( dont know if yours has this but assume it does) but then just said it off and your done
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
thankyou :smile:
Hi guys! I'm hopeful Leeds Medic and have also applied to the access to leeds scheme. Has anyone received any sort of acknowledgement either by post or email? And does anyone know if we will receive any sort of acknowledgement? Thanks!
how do you find out if your eligable?
Reply 5
Access to Leeds is an alternative admissions scheme designed to help students whose personal circumstances may affect their ability to demonstrate talent and potential through grades alone.Students applying directly to the Access to Leeds scheme should complete an Access to Leeds application form when they have completed their UCAS application. The Access to Leeds application must include a copy of the student's UCAS application form and a reference from their tutor or teacher. Applicants do not need to mention Access to Leeds on their UCAS application.
(edited 13 years ago)
I think the deadline for this year's application to Access to Leeds was the 25th October so I'm not sure if u can apply now.
Reply 7
Original post by bluepanda123
I think the deadline for this year's application to Access to Leeds was the 25th October so I'm not sure if u can apply now.

That's just for medicine :smile:
Reply 8
Hi guys! I'm hopeful Leeds Medic and have also applied to the access to leeds scheme. Has anyone received any sort of acknowledgement either by post or email? And does anyone know if we will receive any sort of acknowledgement? Thanks!

Yeh, I got an email on the 22nd of October that my application for the access to Leeds scheme has been accepted. My school sent my application off on the 15th of October.
Reply 9

I've also applied for medicine through access to leeds. I've had an email saying my application has been approved (Im eligible for the A2L scheme) and that an admissions tutor will look at it and give me an offer/rejection
Original post by carl_senior
I've also applied for medicine through access to leeds. I've had an email saying my application has been approved (Im eligible for the A2L scheme) and that an admissions tutor will look at it and give me an offer/rejection

Ahhh, I'm worried now. I haven't received anything of the sort yet.
Original post by Mask Of Sanity

I'm exactly the same! I've receieved nothing not an acknowledgement or anything! oh dear! :confused:

I'm exactly the same! I've receieved nothing not an acknowledgement or anything! oh dear! :confused:

I wouldnt worry, they get a lot of A2L applications (so i'm told) so it'll just be a matter of working through the big pile of applicants. You guys are competition though!! :sexface:
I wouldnt worry, they get a lot of A2L applications (so i'm told) so it'll just be a matter of working through the big pile of applicants. You guys are competition though!! :sexface:

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long though! The wait is awful! :s-smilie:
Also just wondering I have heard that if your school meets the requirement for the GCSE grades eligibility criteria this gives you an automatic acceptance onto the scheme. Does anyone know if this is true?

I shall not worry... Yet. Which subject are you applying for? :smug:
Also just wondering I have heard that if your school meets the requirement for the GCSE grades eligibility criteria this gives you an automatic acceptance onto the scheme. Does anyone know if this is true?

Automatic eligibility I think comes from two things they can recognise from your UCAS form - if your school is under 45% or whatever that number is for GCSE grades, and I think the other one is if you're in care. Not sure though.

For Leeds or A2L? That's how it is with me. Goddamnit. :colonhash:
For Leeds or A2L? That's how it is with me. Goddamnit. :colonhash:

Yep I've had nothing for neither. I sent off my A2L application on the 22nd October and my UCAS application on the 8th October. I'm hoping they're busy and so haven't sent things out yet because of the number of applications as the only other explanation is that I am an awful candidate!! :frown: When did u send your applications off? FIngers crossed we should hear from them soon! :smile:
Automatic eligibility I think comes from two things they can recognise from your UCAS form - if your school is under 45% or whatever that number is for GCSE grades, and I think the other one is if you're in care. Not sure though.

Yeah I had heard about that too but I wasn't absolutely sure! I'll just have to wait and see! I'm worried that there's something wrong with my email because I've not been gettting any from my universities instead I get post? :confused: But my email address is on my UCAS so it would be pretty impossible for them to get it wrong! Thanks for your help anyway! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest