gcse maths coursework - how many squares? Watch

This discussion is closed.
[email protected]@24
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I am currently doing a piece of maths coursework on how many squares there are in a given shape, trying to find a general formula that will work, but every method I have tried has resulted in a dead end. Does anyone have any ideas or know the formula?
bougeoursie_Roo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by [email protected]@24)
I am currently doing a piece of maths coursework on how many squares there are in a given shape, trying to find a general formula that will work, but every method I have tried has resulted in a dead end. Does anyone have any ideas or know the formula?
what method have you been trying and what pattern have you begun on?
Jo_04
Report 14 years ago

is it the borders corsework, where you have to find a formula for the number of black and white squares?

if yes i could help you i have just finished it
usuallystressed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did this coursework - as far as I know there isnt actaully a definite formula - a deliberate attempt to confuse you by the examiners and try and get you to try different lines of investiagtion perhaps?? who knows?!??! they're crazy. Just try your best - talk to your teacher! I found that she heklped me a lot
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did this course work too and some how got a B for it. My dad who had A level maths could not work out the formular at all. (Yes I was a very naughty boy and asked him to help me).
maths
Report 14 years ago
if u could repharse the question in more detail. i would be able to answer it. cheers
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1277)
79.71%
Leave (325)
20.29%

Watched Threads