Why do the Scottish hate the English? Watch

This discussion is closed.
BADBOY89
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Really, whether Scotland or England, it's all UK. What is this harted all about?

And the unusual is that the Welsh also have a dislike for the English. But when England plays at a Football world cup, the Welsh do show support for England. The Scottish always support the team that plays against England.

History, history is the mist common answer but the battles that have been fought between England and Scotland broke out thousands of years ago. We are 21st century now and as I hear from most friends is that nobody hates the English as much as the Scottish.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I find the Scottish don't mind the fact I'm English :sexface:
Heather with the Weather
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BADBOY89)
Really, whether Scotland or England, it's all UK. What is this harted all about?
That's rich coming from the person who is only willing to date English, Welsh, Australians and New Zealanders.
ScottishShortiex
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wouldn't say we hate the English...but there is some rivalry (which goes back a long time in history), so of course we like it when some other team beats them at football :p:

But, we don't really have anything against them personally (i.e. we wouldn't not speak to someone just because they are English...well i wouldn't anyway since 2 of my cousins are half-english.

Although, i've noticed we just don't really associate ourselves with England...lots of scottish people would call themselves "Scottish" instead of "British", including myself, because we like to be part of our own country! Silly really :p:
Laroch
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bit of an overgeneralisation.

1. My best friend is English.
2. I supported England at the world cup.
3. I would define myself as British, but i'm ALSO Scottish and very proud of my family's roots here.
4. Some Scots may dislike some English people, remember also that many English dislike the Scots.

So yeah. /thread.
Left Hand Drive
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not everyone does, but I see Englands football team as our rivals!
dc1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
From my personal experiences, all Scottish people have anger management issues.
becciboo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I get abuse for being english all the time from my scottish boyfriend.... From my experience it's all just banter
Genocidal
Badges: 16
Report 9 years ago
Because everybody hates the English including most of the English.
TWhalley93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Jealousy?

Go on... Take the bait:troll:
Left Hand Drive
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I cant speak to my friends on MW2 with out some English guy go

"EEYY BRUV SHUT YOU MOWTH SCOTIS BATTY"
Dan3va
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
individull i personally fell this and i believe that most Scots feel this way.

I do not hete individualo Englanders but it is my national duty to hate the English. especially at sports

for example andy murry wins he is Brittish but when he loses he is Scottish
Charlesworth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am Scottish and have nothing against the English; even supported them in the World cup. I would prefer someone from the UK to win something over another country :woo:
lolimemma
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Speaking as an English person who lived in Scotland for 4 years I can say that this isn't the case at all! There's a bit of friendly banter but I've never experienced any real hatred.
Laroch
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Dan3va)
individull i personally fell this and i believe that most Scots feel this way.

I do not hete individualo Englanders but it is my national duty to hate the English. especially at sports

for example andy murry wins he is Brittish but when he loses he is Scottish
For some reason your signature made me laugh, because after reading translating your post, I had to wonder what the rest were like.
Pet Suicide
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Jealousy
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe they watched Braveheart one too many times :teehee:.
CT_Scan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
English *******s!
**debbie**
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have scottish family and never known anybody there to not like english. when it comes to sports everybody will naturally divide and support their own if they are competing but thats completely different to not liking us as people
tibbles209
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's all just banter, i don't think any scottish people genuinely hate the english, its all just a bit of fun supporting the opposite team and teasing people for having english roots. Nobody really means any harm by it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (95)
68.35%
No I haven't decided yet (27)
19.42%
Yes but I might change my mind (17)
12.23%

Watched Threads