Most interesting/enjoyable?
Most reputable?

Cheers.

I thought you wanted to do medicine? :curious:
Reply 2
Original post by lonely14

They are probably choosing their back up.
Reply 3

It's a backup.
Besides medicine is a ridiculously competitive course, so there might not be a chance for me to ever study medicine. I have to me more open minded and pick other courses that I might be interested in.
My cousin had "Pharmacy" as his backup when he choose Medicine as a first option.

The other students who failed to get into Medicine, they were doing Biomedical instead. I think you can re-apply to Medicine after doing Biomedical.
Reply 5
Original post by T-Toe
It's a backup.
Besides medicine is a ridiculously competitive course, so there might not be a chance for me to ever study medicine. I have to me more open minded and pick other courses that I might be interested in.

True :smile: - Hope you do get in this time. :yy:
Reply 6
I applied for neuroscience and I am not going to use it as an entry route to medicine..I think u should make your decision based on what u really want to do if u don’t get a chance to study medicine, so think about it carefully :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by bahar_bp
I applied for neuroscience and I am not going to use it as an entry route to medicine..I think u should make your decision based on what u really want to do if u don’t get a chance to study medicine, so think about it carefully :smile:

So if you don't get into medicine this year ( which I hope you do:biggrin:),

you will not try again??
Reply 8
I think biochemistry is a lot better than neuroscience in terms of job prospects and earnings. Isn't neuroscience a bit like psychology though?
Reply 9
Original post by T-Toe
In turns of :
Career prospects?
Potential earnings (money)?
Most reputable?

Cheers.

Pretty much equal.

Most interesting/enjoyable?
Neuro makes me want to slit my wrists.

Biochemistry is quite enjoyable, but that's because I'm a metabolic pathways nerd :bigsmile:
Reply 10
Original post by Democracy
Pretty much equal.

Biochemistry is quite enjoyable, but that's because I'm a metabolic pathways nerd :bigsmile:

Slit your wrists? No likey Neuro? lol
So you personally prefer Biochem over Neuro?
Reply 11
Original post by bahar_bp

Good on you gyal :biggrin: Somebody who actually has a genuine interest for the subject :smile:

That's probably because you lack intuition. And that's not meant to be an insult. For one to enjoy neuroscience, one requires a somewhat philosophical outlook, and an extensive amount of self-awareness; to the point when you come upon the profound realisation, that what you are, is simply a bunch of wires.
Original post by vitamortis
That's probably because you lack intuition. And that's not meant to be an insult. For one to enjoy neuroscience, one requires an extensive amount of self-awareness; to the point when you come upon the profound realisation, that what you are, simply a bunch of wires.

Possibly the most pretentious post I've ever read on TSR.

Spare me the e-psychoanalysis, thanks :wink:

Original post by T-Toe

So you personally prefer Biochem over Neuro?

Well yes, it's my opinion...
Possibly the most pretentious post I've ever read on TSR.

Either my post is pretentious, or you're a closed-minded moron.

Bore on troll.

I'll opt for the former, given that I've never spoken to you, yet you're trying to explain my dislike for neuroscience in terms of my personal philosophy on life. What do you know about it anyway? Who are you?
Reply 16

I'm not taking sides but your post did seem very pretentious
Original post by Koobideh
I think biochemistry is a lot better than neuroscience in terms of job prospects and earnings. Isn't neuroscience a bit like psychology though?

Psychology = theories about the mind
Neuroscience = biological and chemical structure of the brain
What do you know about it anyway?

I'm studying neuroscience.
Original post by T-Toe
I'm not taking sides but your post did seem very pretentious

What's pretentious about it?

Latest

Trending

Trending