The Student Room Group

Marks and spencer grad

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi

I had my assessment centre for the retail graduate programme on 27th Jan. Has anyone heard if they have been successful/ unsuccessful yet as I'm still waiting to hear?
Reply 41
Hi, I got a phone call on Monday to say I have been successful :smile: that is for the retail scheme, has anyone else heard yet?
Reply 42
Hi Lizzie25 well done on being successful I was just wondering when your assessment day was? And has anyone had an email saying all candidates are currently being reviewed?
Reply 43
Hi I had my assessment day for IT and I've had the 'currently being reviewed' email. Has anyone heard for IT?
Reply 44
Congratulations Lizzie! When and where was your assessment centre. I haven't had the email but my online account says that my application is 'on hold'.
Reply 45
Congrats Lizzie I got the call Monday too to say I'd been successful - I went to Peterborough assessment centre on Feb 3rd - so excited! :biggrin:
Reply 46
Thanks everyone :smile: my assessment was the 1st February in Altrincham, I know a couple of people who had it earlier though who still haven't heard anything...I was surprised to hear so early!

Well done kimbotoots I am excited too :smile: where abouts are you going to be based?
Reply 47
I'm going to be based at the York store, whereabouts are you? x
Reply 48
I will be at Handforth Dean which is a really large store in the south of Manchester :smile: I'm so excited, are you starting in April or September? :smile:
Reply 49
Lizzie and Kimbotoots - Did you recieve the email informing you that all the assessment centres had finished and you would hear within a few weeks before you received your call? I hate waiting for the news I really want the job but i'm worried i'm not going have got it. How did you think your assessment centres went? Maybe they are contacting people from the top of the list in terms of scores first.
Reply 50
k_m_j, im exactly the same as you, which region do you live in? and when was your assessment? As im wondering if its done by region maybe starting up north, as some assessment centres weren't until a few days before the two succesful people were contacted so I cant see them collating everyone in the countries data within a few days so maybe they do it one region at a time...just an idea as im getting worried not hearing anything!
Reply 51
Hey,

I emailed them on monday 14th to ask if anyone had been informed of their assessment outcome yet and recieved this back:

"Thank you for your email. We are currently in the last week of assessment centre . We hope to be able to advise you of the outcome of the assessment centre in the next few weeks"

Then recieved the one they sent to everyone I imagine 3 days later:

"HelloThank you for attending the Assessment Centre .All of our assessment centres have now taken place . We will shortly be reviewing all of the results. We hope to be able to update you on your application in the next few weeks. We thank you for your patience during this time. "

Im guessing people should be hearing back this week and next and the very latest, as it seems they already started making offers last week. These could have been for April starts perhaps?
Reply 52
Possibly april starters yeh

I wanted to start in sept but my assessment was in Gateshead, Metro around 20th/21st January so it was one of the first assessment centres :s-smilie:
Reply 53
I put that I wanted to start in sept as well so it could be april starters first....they didnt say how many vacancies there actually are or how its worked out (like by location or if the top certain number of people get it regardless of location) so I really dont know what order they would be contacting people. I got that exact same standard message as well... I just want to know either way!
Reply 54
Hi, I'm a September starter not April, maybe it is region based I'm not sure :s-smilie: x
Reply 55
Oh and the e-mails and online tracker thing say still on hold, it was just the phone call saying I'd got it as a first batch of offers x
Reply 56
Hiya,

I was one of the last assessment centres at the Metro Centre, Gateshead.

Basically they told us that they collate all the scores of the people across the country and then give the top scoring people the jobs, regardless of region etc.

I still haven't heard... But I think I know what the answer will be! I should think if we don't hear soon then we can probably assume we haven't got the job as they've already started contacting people :s-smilie:

x
Reply 57
Original post by k_m_j
Lizzie and Kimbotoots - Did you recieve the email informing you that all the assessment centres had finished and you would hear within a few weeks before you received your call? I hate waiting for the news I really want the job but i'm worried i'm not going have got it. How did you think your assessment centres went? Maybe they are contacting people from the top of the list in terms of scores first.

Hi, no I received the call on the Monday 14th, a few days later my friend got the email saying that she would hear within a few weeks.

I am a September starter, I thought my assessment went really well but you can never tell really! From what I have been told they go by score not by region, it definitely doesn't mean that you guys haven't got it though as I know someone who got on the scheme last September who only found out in April.

How did your assessment go?
Reply 58
I think it went well but you never know and there may be people who did better than me. So i may not have done anything wrong but others could just be better. Got feeling im not gonna get it- esp
If i dont hear anything by the end of this week.
Reply 59
Yeah I'm sure there aren't many jobs so it will be really tough to get through even if you did well at the assessment. Think positive, quite a few people have said that they take a while making all of the decisions so it's not necessarily bad news :smile: I bet it is really annoying having to wait this long though!

Quick Reply

Latest