Architecture Watch

This discussion is closed.
[email protected]
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
ok, lets rally round the Arch ppl umong us... has anyone gotten into camb? cos i don't think anyone did. anyone going to nottingham uni? and what's the going offer?
stressed_:x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
ok, lets rally round the Arch ppl umong us... has anyone gotten into camb? cos i don't think anyone did. anyone going to nottingham uni? and what's the going offer?
architecture rocks! the US is a better place to do it tho, esp cornell. hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa
emzie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
my m8 got rejected from camb and has an offer from notts, of ABB or BBB (it was one of those, cant quite remember!)
[email protected]
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by emzie)
my m8 got rejected from camb and has an offer from notts, of ABB or BBB (it was one of those, cant quite remember!)
this mate, what's her stats? public school/private? grades?
ogs
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I got in for arch at cam ! anyone else? the offer is A A and an a in As
adelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ogs)
I got in for arch at cam ! anyone else? the offer is A A and an a in As
lucky ! I got pooled.... no official reply yet .. What subjects do you do ? What were your predicted grades ? What collegE?
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
BBB notts .. If i get into UCL / AA Ill think of going to one of the other two .. nots ure yet .
ogs
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
BBB notts .. If i get into UCL / AA Ill think of going to one of the other two .. nots ure yet .
I'm having difficulty deciding... UCL bbb/Glasgow bbc/Cam AA A in As...predicted grades...A's
they each have their own qualities and it's sooohard deciding!
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ogs)
I'm having difficulty deciding... UCL bbb/Glasgow bbc/Cam AA A in As...predicted grades...A's
they each have their own qualities and it's sooohard deciding!
oh my god. . DEFINATELY CAMBRIDGE !!!!
When did you get your UCL offer ? Did you need an interview / send a portfolio ?
If you had to send a portfolio, what did you send for your item that you like but you think they wont like (one of their requirements, atleast in my letter)
Jshewan2187
Report 15 years ago
What does everyone think of the unis in scotland for architecture? Ive got interviews for eca and gsa and bbbb for robert gordon. Not heard anything from edinburgh though. Ogs did you have an interview for glasgow? If so how did things go?
ogs
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jshewan2187)
What does everyone think of the unis in scotland for architecture? Ive got interviews for eca and gsa and bbbb for robert gordon. Not heard anything from edinburgh though. Ogs did you have an interview for glasgow? If so how did things go?
Glasgow is amazing! i really recommend it! it's up there with the best and it's really sad having to pick cambridge over it! It's really art based! mixed with art school and uni (bonus) loads of work space, really friendly and the interview was a fun chat bout art and architecture... it was very portfolio based.
ogs
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
oh my god. . DEFINATELY CAMBRIDGE !!!!
When did you get your UCL offer ? Did you need an interview / send a portfolio ?
If you had to send a portfolio, what did you send for your item that you like but you think they wont like (one of their requirements, atleast in my letter)

The ucl one, well the interview lady frosso, told me there and then and said that she'd confirm it by post! i took all of a-level and as level art...what i;ve done so far. The interview was just a really friendly chat about art work! She likes imagination!
the interview was in november... sooo don't know bout when you'lll get your's! i didn't get asked about an item that i like that they wont... but they'll probally appreciate something from a carboot sale or a charity shop that is interesting... ie an old broken (but interesting) umberella!
I don't know for sure, but say this because their first project is to go and find an object, and basically explore it to your hearts desire. sooo i hope that is remotely helpfull!
Jshewan2187
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ogs)
Glasgow is amazing! i really recommend it! it's up there with the best and it's really sad having to pick cambridge over it! It's really art based! mixed with art school and uni (bonus) loads of work space, really friendly and the interview was a fun chat bout art and architecture... it was very portfolio based.
I really like glasgow aswell but i think it concentrates too much on art for me i think i need some of the physics side included in the course. The lady at the open day wasnt too enthusiastic either with me coz i told her i wanted to leave at the end of my 5th yr and she said that i would be too immature for it! Staying on to do a 6th yr though would be completely useless coz ill spend it all sitting in doing nothing!
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ogs)
The ucl one, well the interview lady frosso, told me there and then and said that she'd confirm it by post! i took all of a-level and as level art...what i;ve done so far. The interview was just a really friendly chat about art work! She likes imagination!
the interview was in november... sooo don't know bout when you'lll get your's! i didn't get asked about an item that i like that they wont... but they'll probally appreciate something from a carboot sale or a charity shop that is interesting... ie an old broken (but interesting) umberella!
I don't know for sure, but say this because their first project is to go and find an object, and basically explore it to your hearts desire. sooo i hope that is remotely helpfull!
Thanks ! .. I havent been invited for an interview, just asked to send my portfolio because im an international student. .. Im planning on calling though and just telling them that Ill be in the UK in the beginning of feb and would be available for an interview - i think it may help me get in (having an interview rather than just sending my portfolio ) ... What sort of questions were you asked ? what was the offer for ?
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i hav a friend who got into camb (trinity) for arch. but i think u shud really carefully consider b4 u decide cambridge because tho it seems the only choice at the time, arch is one of the hardest courses at cambridge which means ridiculously hard work and ucl is amazing as well for this subject so i dunno...
i would say to think through carefully.. u shud hav a good time at uni as well as geting a good degree... some people end up hating camb ooh id ont no stop me from talking!!!!!
ogs
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mangomaz)
i hav a friend who got into camb (trinity) for arch. but i think u shud really carefully consider b4 u decide cambridge because tho it seems the only choice at the time, arch is one of the hardest courses at cambridge which means ridiculously hard work and ucl is amazing as well for this subject so i dunno...
i would say to think through carefully.. u shud hav a good time at uni as well as geting a good degree... some people end up hating camb ooh id ont no stop me from talking!!!!!
Well i have mixed opinions about the whole thing really... all three have their good and bad points! + if i were to take the easy option i wouldn't be doing architecture... it is after all one of the most challenging degrees, like medicine and engineering...
I love UCL as a whole, the only problem being that i live in london anyway,(even though i love london!) and would like to get out for a bit coz it's sooo expensive.. and quite anonymous.!
I have an open mind about the three... and could be swayed in anydirection at the moment! soooooo.... how are you doing? on the ole uni front?
mangomaz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ogs)
Well i have mixed opinions about the whole thing really... all three have their good and bad points! + if i were to take the easy option i wouldn't be doing architecture... it is after all one of the most challenging degrees, like medicine and engineering...
I love UCL as a whole, the only problem being that i live in london anyway,(even though i love london!) and would like to get out for a bit coz it's sooo expensive.. and quite anonymous.!
I have an open mind about the three... and could be swayed in anydirection at the moment! soooooo.... how are you doing? on the ole uni front?
hey ogs! u no its quite weird, i hav a friend called ogi whose also applying for arch. lol random thought i just shared. i live in london too! and im applyin 4 econ and stayin in london so either ucl/lse for me.. tho i havent gotten an offer from lse yet. purely stayin in london for job prospects silly i no...
but im REALLY looking forward 2 uni u hav no idea! i really want to explore london club scene, iv been quite sheltered so i wna get out there! lol im gna b broke by the end of the first month... bugger....
but at least ill hav fun!
iv got warwick york and bath as well atm but i dont really care about them to be honest....!!

ok as u can see i ramble! woops shudda gone offline ages ago...
good luck deciding what u do - keep us posted with ur thoughts! this forum is great im annoyed i only just discovered it!
mazxxxx
arabian_prince
Report 14 years ago
hey!
Ive bin readin ur stuff n seemed very interested! i dont understand y, but i applied to camb, nott, greenwich, and UCL - im predicted A's in my alevels - 2 Alevels and 2 As levels...i havnet got into camb..or Nott....got an interview for UCL comin up though....so im up for comments. The professor @ Camb (wen i went for the open day) said that they accept 2 A levels n a mixture of As.........but wen i actually sent it they told me that they dont accept that.n that really P***ed me off!
Now i've got nufin but UCL to look forward too.

.......catch up later g2g...
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by arabian_prince)
hey!
Ive bin readin ur stuff n seemed very interested! i dont understand y, but i applied to camb, nott, greenwich, and UCL - im predicted A's in my alevels - 2 Alevels and 2 As levels...i havnet got into camb..or Nott....got an interview for UCL comin up though....so im up for comments. The professor @ Camb (wen i went for the open day) said that they accept 2 A levels n a mixture of As.........but wen i actually sent it they told me that they dont accept that.n that really P***ed me off!
Now i've got nufin but UCL to look forward too.

.......catch up later g2g...
sux about cambridge ! but dont worry im sure you'll get into UCL :P Whens your interview?
mangomaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
tip for ucl - theyr v v v arty so make sure u hav a really colourful portfolio so they look up and say 'ooooooooooooooo'!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (61)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (120)
39.34%
Nope, not that interesting (124)
40.66%

Watched Threads