Architecture Watch

This discussion is closed.
adelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hillsy888)
Er no i was just off on one..... i have offers from newcastle, cardiff, liverpool, ucl, AA but neway o n italian boy he is just in the conversation for fun bit of a stirer (if there is such a word who knows) neway thats enough of that what is your fav building/ architect...... what ur offers lookin like n what subjects do u take
I have offers from newcastle, bath, nottingham, AA. I take physics, DT, maths, computing.
You ?
What was your offer from AA ?
Im planning on going there .... you ?
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mangomaz)
oooh i hav loadsa family in the UAE! how cooool! best of luck with ur application.
thanks .. where abouts in the UAE ? Where are you from ?
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ogs)
SPOT ON! (sorry to cause offense.. but i couln't have put it better myself!)
I only decided to do architecture bout april last year having realised how boring engineering would be (a trip to loughboro on a two day taster)+ how i hate physics but about how much i would miss being creative and experimentative, and from the beginning of the interviews i was honest with them... and basically spoke the whole truth bout everything... i can't help it but i even ended up saying that my essay writting skills weren't great (ie only A at Gcse in essay subjects) ) and all the uni's still accepted me..I suppose it was my passion for life and creativity that came through! or at least a passion for something!. so just a bit of proof to back up your point!
errrrrr .... cool ... what the hell do you think I did, went there and talked crap ? No. I was just asking a simple question and we get to this.
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Come on Architecture students ! post your offers and talk here !
ogs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
Come on Architecture students ! post your offers and talk here !

hello have you had your interview at ucl yet? how's life?
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey ! im fine thanks, what about you ?
No, I dont have an interview, theyve asked me to send them myportfolio...
What about you? Did you apply to the AA btw ?If so, how did your interview go ?
Otherwise.. do you know anything about it ?
What other offers have you gotten ?
[email protected]
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hey, am so chuffed my thread is doing so well.... havent been online for ages tho. so, i've accepted notts, altho now i need to get AAB. did anyone try for manchester? dun think anyone did cos it's not one of the bast n it seems as tho ppl who come to this site r really accomplished n clever n wouldnt look at manch... Foster went there! OK, am thinkning bout starting a site about architecture as a topic, not about the uni application process... like, whats happening with it at the mo, who's big, whats being built... cos i'm losing touch with it all. so, everyone visit my new post. i'll call it "Architecture for Dummies - Hardcores Only"
ogs
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
where is this forum/site/thing?
Well done for nottingham! Have you accepted?
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
thanks .. where abouts in the UAE ? Where are you from ?
i have family mainly in sharjah and abu dhabi.. a few in dubai as well. im iranian, but all my mums side of the family moved there wen she was really young so shes pretty much emirati (if thats how u spell it lol)

sorry i lost this thread ages ago, jus saw it now and thought i shud reply lol...
arabian_prince
Report 14 years ago
hey guys....i had my interview at UCL.......in fact, i had to hav 2.....met this fantastic energetic woman....loved me so much...but cos i *** from a comprehensive school....and hav had very few teachers....she feels i need to do a summer foundation course.....and if i do dat im in!!!!!!!

Guys.....i still hav 2 more universities to choose ..... any suggestions?......i applied to Cambridge, Nottingham, Greenwich and UCL.

Cambridge and NOttingham hav rejected me......

i hope u can tell me gud ones...

thnx!....thanx especially to the people who gave me tips for the interview!!!
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hey congratulations on getting in .... Do the summer course and go to UCL !!!!!
Or if you can afford it, apply to the AA and see if you get in there. ..
Congrats !!
What did you show in your portfolio ?
jackrim1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hello everyone, its nice to find a thread where there are other people who want to be architects!
I've got an offer for ABC at Manchester. I chose Man because I thought there would be less public school boys (nothing personal!) then I went for an interview and I swear I was the only one without a double-barrelled name or wasn't a chinese girl! Still the student population is huge, city is amazing: like London except with more rain, is cheaper and less foreigners.

Every time I went to an open day I was amazed by the amount of girls and the quality of them! I felt like a kid in a sweet shop

I'm taking a year out first and going to the A A summer school, anyone else?
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jackrim1)
Hello everyone, its nice to find a thread where there are other people who want to be architects!
I've got an offer for ABC at Manchester. I chose Man because I thought there would be less public school boys (nothing personal!) then I went for an interview and I swear I was the only one without a double-barrelled name or wasn't a chinese girl! Still the student population is huge, city is amazing: like London except with more rain, is cheaper and less foreigners.

Every time I went to an open day I was amazed by the amount of girls and the quality of them! I felt like a kid in a sweet shop

I'm taking a year out first and going to the A A summer school, anyone else?
Congratulations on your offer.
Im not going to the AA summer school for now, though I am 99.9999% likely to accept my offer into the AA .. they accepted me into foundation, from where I can advance into the first year. . so its an extra year for me but Im still 17 and ... its the best education @ the AA so its worth it !
arabian_prince
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
hey congratulations on getting in .... Do the summer course and go to UCL !!!!!
Or if you can afford it, apply to the AA and see if you get in there. ..
Congrats !!
What did you show in your portfolio ?
thanx bud!
i will make sure i do the course!!!
....oh no...i cant afford to go to AA School...dats way tooo xpensive....wish i cud go though
...but yeh...its the best place in the world to study architecture!!!!!!!!

i showed her all my work .....mainly graphics (product design)...and some of my art work .... she found it rubbish though......sayin that its too traditional ....and from a comprehensice school......but she liked my personality,,,she thought i was an energetic character and very determined!!! she also sed that the quality of the work is outstandin...very shockin

.......im sooooo happy!!!!
arabian_prince
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
Congratulations on your offer.
Im not going to the AA summer school for now, though I am 99.9999% likely to accept my offer into the AA .. they accepted me into foundation, from where I can advance into the first year. . so its an extra year for me but Im still 17 and ... its the best education @ the AA so its worth it !
yeh but.......erm how much r u gonna hav to pay???!!!! :eek:

its soooooo xpensive...and its worse 4 u cos ur an international student!!!!
u must b filthy rich!!!!
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by arabian_prince)
yeh but.......erm how much r u gonna hav to pay???!!!! :eek:

its soooooo xpensive...and its worse 4 u cos ur an international student!!!!
u must b filthy rich!!!!
She said its too traditional therefore rubbish? lol .. what did you have ? ... and then she said that its outstanding ? what ?

The AA is the same price for all students, regardless where they are from but no, im not really filthy rich lol .. Its something like £11 500 per year ... Im applying for a scholarship though.
arabian_prince
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
She said its too traditional therefore rubbish? lol .. what did you have ? ... and then she said that its outstanding ? what ?

The AA is the same price for all students, regardless where they are from but no, im not really filthy rich lol .. Its something like £11 500 per year ... Im applying for a scholarship though.

lol..i know it does sound confusin...wot she meant was that the school has a very traditional way of teaching......and she doesnt approve of that....my work was rubbish because of that.....but the actual work dat i had done (output) was of a high standard....n she was shocked to see it coming from smone who came from a comprehensive school!

....dont worry i was equally confused ..... so were my teachers wen i reported bak to them (actually they went mad!!)....but anywayz alhamdulillah...i got in - dats more important ..(actually im not so sure if i hav got in yet....i havent got written confirmation..i simply phoned her and asked her, so i'll wait for the paper to come by post!)

...damn £11,500 a year......for 7 bludy years!!!..u must b havin a laugh!....how much is the scholarship gonna cover?
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by arabian_prince)
lol..i know it does sound confusin...wot she meant was that the school has a very traditional way of teaching......and she doesnt approve of that....my work was rubbish because of that.....but the actual work dat i had done (output) was of a high standard....n she was shocked to see it coming from smone who came from a comprehensive school!

....dont worry i was equally confused ..... so were my teachers wen i reported bak to them (actually they went mad!!)....but anywayz alhamdulillah...i got in - dats more important ..(actually im not so sure if i hav got in yet....i havent got written confirmation..i simply phoned her and asked her, so i'll wait for the paper to come by post!)

...damn £11,500 a year......for 7 bludy years!!!..u must b havin a laugh!....how much is the scholarship gonna cover?
lol umm ... i dont know yet, its IF i get a scholarship ... if not then .. I pay 11500 ..
What sort of work did they expect you to show them ?
arabian_prince
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
lol umm ... i dont know yet, its IF i get a scholarship ... if not then .. I pay 11500 ..
What sort of work did they expect you to show them ?
She expected me to have work dat was soo special and outstanding...very modern - nufin traditional (dont ask me wots modern n wots traditional (i dont know!).......i think photography is very important..cos wen i went there my interview was running about ..mmm.....4 hours late :mad: while i waited i watched some of the first years work being checked (examined) by a professor...and photos featured in their work alot!!!!....even so, wen i met the woman who interviewed me, she asked me to go home and take 10 photographs of my journey from home to london and then come back for the 2nd interview!....
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What'a happened to all the (future) architects??

Where are you all? No one's posted for 4 weeks!

Anyway, I've got an offer from Cambridge to study architecture in 2004 :cool: (at Selwyn College).

Sorry I'm so late, I only found out about this site just now!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1170)
79.38%
Leave (304)
20.62%

Watched Threads