This discussion is closed.
adelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by scarlet ibis)
What'a happened to all the (future) architects??

Where are you all? No one's posted for 4 weeks!

Anyway, I've got an offer from Cambridge to study architecture in 2004 :cool: (at Selwyn College).

Sorry I'm so late, I only found out about this site just now!
ooo congratulations ! ... I got rejected after being pooled .. What A levels do you do ? Predicted grades ?
Anyway, I'll be at the Architectural Association School of Architecture in London :P
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thanks . I'm still in shock 4 months after finding i'd got an offer. I was so sure I wouldn't get in. Sorry u didn't get an offer. stilll there are so few places they have to reject loads of really good people.
I'm doing Art Physics and Chem. I got A in Physics Art and Maths for AS but only a B in chemistry, My offer is AAB but they've specified that the B can only be in art :mad: and thats the one i'm most likely 2 get an A in. Darn! We don't get predicted grades officially at school, but all my teachers seem to think i'll get an A. I really hope so.

The AA sounds good. I looked into it but didn't apply in the end. Bath's my insurance offer.
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hellooooo! Is anyone there?
Where have all the architects gone?
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm still here :P .. whats up
lepoissonfou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wheres everyone else?? Probably all revising, like I should be :rolleyes:
I'm desperately revising at the moment, and doing prep work for my art exam. the second part of my exam is on friday. what about everyone else? I guess a lot of people doing architecture nxt year will be doing art now.
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm still here as well. I'm doing art exams too. I had my first one yesterday. it went quite well. Anyone else?

anyway, poissonfou, i thought you were doing medicine! why r u posting on an architecture board?
lepoissonfou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm a medic really, but I 'm doing art, so I thought I'd post here.
ogs
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by arabian_prince)
hey guys....i had my interview at UCL.......in fact, i had to hav 2.....met this fantastic energetic woman....loved me so much...but cos i *** from a comprehensive school....and hav had very few teachers....she feels i need to do a summer foundation course.....and if i do dat im in!!!!!!!

Guys.....i still hav 2 more universities to choose ..... any suggestions?......i applied to Cambridge, Nottingham, Greenwich and UCL.

Cambridge and NOttingham hav rejected me......

i hope u can tell me gud ones...

thnx!....thanx especially to the people who gave me tips for the interview!!!
Was her name Frosso?
ogs
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hello! I haven't been around for a while cos i forgot about this place (seems weird really!) anyway how is everyone getting on with their offers, grades etc..... I had my art exam this week and it went really well! yeah!
just got the painful physics practicals next week and all those blinking physics retakes (oh and get an A in every paper including the synoptic) and it will be plain sailing all the way! (HIGHLY UNLIKELY!) still will give it my best shot!
I decided Cambridge in the end! thanks everyone for your help even though it was probally obvious which to chose all along!
Is anyone being consciencious (can't spell!) over the summer? work experience etc? cause i plan to urn money then travel in september! and enjoy the summer holidays!!!!!!!!(depending on grades)!

bye x alexxx
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hi ogs
thanx 4 pm
good to see you back! this thread has been fairly stagnant in your absence. its just been me, adelz and bizarrely, poisson fou (a medic).
looks like were the only ones going (hopefully) to cambs!
i had my art exam (part 1) last fri. mine went well too!
C J
Report 15 years ago
Hey guys...first time in this thread.
I've also applied for Archi...got offers from Nott and Bath. Chose Bath in the end cause liked the location more. But I heard Nott is quite famous for Archi. Is anyone goin to Bath next yr for Archi...hows Archi in Bath...is it as gd as Notts?? I presume its more techinical since its merged with the civil engineering deparment and within the engineering faculty.
otnemem
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"UCL’s Bartlett School of Architecture has been named the UK’s best architecture school by the Architects’ Journal. In the survey the Bartlett was voted top by 21% of architectural firms surveyed, more than twice the votes of the runner-up, the Architectural Association"

For what it's worth.
arabian_prince
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ogs)
Was her name Frosso?
lol!.......yup dats da name!
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I just thought I'd dedicate my 100th post to an architecture thread!!
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by C J)
Is anyone goin to Bath next yr for Archi...hows Archi in Bath...is it as gd as Notts?? I presume its more techinical since its merged with the civil engineering deparment and within the engineering faculty.
bath's my insurance, and yeah it is mre engineering based than some courses but there is a lot of art involved as well!
C J
Report 15 years ago
does anyone know where I can find the Architects' Journal rankings on da net? thx
vincent gallo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Does anyone know what A Level subjects UCL like for Architecture? Do people ever get accepted without sciences?
vincent gallo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And do UCL and Glasgow offer the most art based courses?
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hey, I'm still here & I'm going to the AA ..

Anyway, I think that UCL and Glasgow are quite art based .. as is the AA
ummm ... you need to look at their respective prospectuses to find out what subjects they like - or call up and ask. They usually say that they want atleast one academic subject I think ....

I'd be interested to see the Architects' Journal rankings too .. couldn't find it online ... can anyone scan it in maybe hehe ?
vincent gallo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
you need to look at their respective prospectuses to find out what subjects they like - or call up and ask. They usually say that they want atleast one academic subject I think ....
Well they all just say they want gcse Maths and Science. I just wondered whether in reality people get accepted without A Level Maths or Physics. Presumably essay writing subjects would be regarded as academic?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads