The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Regardless of legality, why on earth would anyone even consider carrying out necrophiliac acts. If you were that way in inclined though I'd have thought it was pretty damn disrespectful to the dead person and their family.
Original post by tazarooni89
What if the family agreed to it as well, hypothetically?

Well, hypothetically, if everyone that would possibly find out was OK with it, I don't suppose it would be a problem. But that's never going to happen - if your sister had died, for example, how would you like to think of her boyfriend doing this to her? Would you feel comforted knowing that she said she was OK with it? Possibly even thinking he was joking? That's certainly more likely than all the family agreeing to it!
Reply 62
Well I'd have thought partly because you are having sex without the sex of the other person (albeit dead person), as well as the fact that it harms the familly and the memory of the deseased, as well as the fact its just wrong.
Reply 63
Original post by Glutamic Acid
Because people find it difficult to see a detachment between a living, breathing, walking, talking person with vibrancy and emotions and their stiff, lifeless, rotting corpse. Memories won't go away, and they still look similar. It's an irrational, emotional view, but a very understandable one.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. That's probably why so many people in this thread are getting confused and thinking it's a form of rape. It isn't. Especially if you look at the law, there is a very specific definition of rape and performing sexual acts on a corpse does not come under it. It's still very much illegal though.

Original post by La Môme
fancying dead bodies isn't illegal. doing things with them, however, at least counts as rape. you don't have a dead body's consent if you're sexually penetrating them.

You can't get consent from a "real doll" (they're realistic looking sex dolls) either. Does that mean it's rape? I actually find those "real dolls" creepy as hell because I think it would feel like shagging a corpse.
Original post by derangedyoshi
Well, hypothetically, if everyone that would possibly find out was OK with it, I don't suppose it would be a problem. But that's never going to happen - if your sister had died, for example, how would you like to think of her boyfriend doing this to her? Would you feel comforted knowing that she said she was OK with it? Possibly even thinking he was joking? That's certainly more likely than all the family agreeing to it!

I agree, the possibility of everyone being okay with it on any given occasion is ridiculously small. There are two things though:

Just because it is unlikely for a particular family to agree to necrophilic acts being performed on the deceased, that doesn't mean it is unlikely for any family to ever agree. Hundreds of people are dying every day, so the chances that one day, somwhere, some family agrees to it isn't really that low.
(By analogy: If I drive my car today, the likelihood of me having an accident is very low. But because there are so many cars driving every day, the likelihood of an accident occurring somewhere, some day is extremely high).

The other thing is, by making it illegal, we're essentially saying "I don't care what the circumstances are, you can be put in prison if you commit this act". This fails to take into account the slightest possibility that the family might agree, or any circumstances which might make the act morally acceptable. What if there was a more general rule saying that "Nothing may be done to the body of the deceased without the prior permission of the deceased and family"? This way, necrophilic acts are still illegal in most cases. But in the few cases where the family does agree, or if the deceased has no family etc. there are no grounds to exact a punishment. Would you consider this acceptable?

Also:
Well, hypothetically, if everyone that would possibly find out was OK with it, I don't suppose it would be a problem.

When you say "everyone that would possibly find out", who exactly are you referring to? Surely we should be restricting this to a certain extension of the family of the deceased? I mean, I might not like the idea of someone performing necrophilic acts on some acquaintance of mine. But surely it's none of my business? Why should I get a say in the matter, if the person isn't part of my family?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Psyk
I think you hit the nail on the head there. That's probably why so many people in this thread are getting confused and thinking it's a form of rape. It isn't. Especially if you look at the law, there is a very specific definition of rape and performing sexual acts on a corpse does not come under it. It's still very much illegal though.

You can't get consent from a "real doll" (they're realistic looking sex dolls) either. Does that mean it's rape? I actually find those "real dolls" creepy as hell because I think it would feel like shagging a corpse.

There's a difference between an inanimate object and an inanimate person that the law recognises.
Reply 66
Original post by Unknown?
Once they are dead their free will is gone. They are dead. As long as they gave consent right up till before death then I don't see anything wrong with it. It's like choosing who to leave your house to after you die when you sign a will. You can't then argue that the person who is being left the house cannot have because they may have changed their mind the second before death.

Although I broadly agree that sex with a dead body isn't rape, it is still wrong. Obviously you are coming at from an Atheist point of view but this doesn't account for the sanctity of the deceased's body in some religions. This could also be applied to any after-death matters such as organ donation, scientific research and generally doing anything you like with a dead body because it has no free will.
I'm amazed nobody has mentioned the possible health risks that come with having sexual relations with a corpse...
Watch, if you have not already, this.
Reply 69
i did not know it was illegal

I have margaret thatchers skeleton in my closet and sometime I like to hump her while wearing a gas mask
Reply 70
Original post by azezal
i did not know it was illegal

I have margaret thatchers skeleton in my closet and sometime I like to hump her while wearing a gas mask

I can see you becoming a YouTube legend.
Reply 71
personally id be quiet flattered ifhundreds of years after my death a female would dig up my skeleton and do sexual stuff with it. I would not be pleased if a male did it though.
Original post by lukas1051
You can't just use the logic that because someone wants to do it and because it doesn't harm anyone it shouldn't be illegal. There are laws put in place for two reasons, 1. to protect the community as a whole, and 2. because things like necrophilia are just morally ******* wrong.

So if everyone on the planet dies tomorrow, and I have sex with a dead body - is necrophilia still wrong?
Because it's a sure fire way to spread disease...
Reply 74
Original post by Death Grips
So if everyone on the planet dies tomorrow, and I have sex with a dead body - is necrophilia still wrong?

Well morality is subjective and only people, as far as we know, practice it. So I reckon if you are the only living person, you dictate what is right and wrong.
I think it should be legal...
lets hope I dont get banned again
Reply 76
Original post by EricPiphany
I think it should be legal...
lets hope I dont get banned again

let us hope not too
Reply 77
I've had to reconsider my views on the matter
Wow, this thread is sad.

YES IT DOES HURT PEOPLE.

OFC it doesn't hurt the person in question but it's just mad disrespectful. I do not want my mum's corpse to get ****ed by a random dude. Like, what, no! It hurts me. So it is wrong. Because really that benefit is tiny. It's not quite as bad as rape but it's still bad.

And no you won't really get diseases since hving sex with a corpse that's months and months old is not fun. Necros usually have sex with recently departed corpses... you know, ones that are still warm... >_>

And recently departed corpses are not that much more likely to cause the spread of disease, right?

Original post by whorace
I've had to reconsider my views on the matter

-
Original post by TeeEm
let us hope not too

:smile: :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending