teenage girls who get pregnant Watch

This discussion is closed.
happysunshine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
um, they do have to pay support for the baby, do you know what you are talking about. Often it is harder for the dad to get to see the child than not seeing the child out of choice. A lot of my friends who were brought up by their mums have also been totally poisoned against their dads and from what they have told me, both seemed equally responsible. Even worse, the mum normally makes the dad pay for private school fees, etc.
Yes they are supposed to, but some don't.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
the irony is lost on some people....
:confused:
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
also, by the same reasoning, she knows that she could get pregnant and she will have to deal with it, therefore shouldnt she ensure that he is wearing a condom.
Exactly.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
:confused:
(Original post by elpaw)
(Original post by _EMMA_)
what happend to the teenage boys? are you only going to write about the girls?
ive never known a teenage boy to get pregnant. they're very careful.
that was meant to be a joke, but some people took it seriously.
_EMMA_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
the irony is lost on some people....
i have a feeling you mean me, and i wasn't lost, sorry you took it that way. maybe i should have added a smilie in the begining, cause you made me smile, i just didn't know what to respond. anyway it comes here instead
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
um, they do have to pay support for the baby, do you know what you are talking about. Often it is harder for the dad to get to see the child than not seeing the child out of choice. A lot of my friends who were brought up by their mums have also been totally poisoned against their dads and from what they have told me, both seemed equally responsible. Even worse, the mum normally makes the dad pay for private school fees, etc.
If a girl names the father then they have to pay child support if it is definitely his child. You have to apply for child support but it is available.
http://www.csa.gov.uk/newcsaweb/faq/...ion/whyuse.asp
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes they are supposed to, but some don't.
so, some dads are properly screwed over by the system and others cant afford to pay for it.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
that was meant to be a joke, but some people took it seriously.
LOL ok. But they have just as much responsibility!
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by _EMMA_)
i have a feeling you mean me, and i wasn't lost, sorry you took it that way. maybe i should have added a smilie in the begining, cause you made me smile, i just didn't know what to respond. anyway it comes here instead
oooh, im sorry, misunderstanding :sheepish:
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
so, some dads are properly screwed over by the system and others cant afford to pay for it.
How do you expect the mother to look after her baby on her own and work full time just to make ends meet? They should've thought about how much money they had to pay for a child before hand.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How do you expect the mother to look after her baby on her own and work full time just to make ends meet? They should've thought about how much money they had to pay for a child before hand.
What about the girls that say they are on the pill and then arent?
What about if the condom splits and the girl wont take the morning after pill?
Men dont have as many choices as women thats a fact.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
What about the girls that say they are on the pill and then arent?
What about if the condom splits and the girl wont take the morning after pill?
Men dont have as many choices as women thats a fact.
At the end of the day contraception/no contraception can cause pregnancy and everyone knows that, that's why the responsibility should be split equally between the two people.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If a girl names the father then they have to pay child support if it is definitely his child. You have to apply for child support but it is available.
http://www.csa.gov.uk/newcsaweb/faq/...ion/whyuse.asp
that properly seemed to screw over the father although they are far too politically correct to say father - "non-resident parent". And why is it based on income, surely that is unfair on those who earn more.

"The amount of child maintenance depends on:
• the number of qualifying children the child maintenance is for

• the non-resident parent’s net income and circumstances

• the number of children living with the non-resident parent (we call these children ‘relevant other children’).
We generally work out the child maintenance using the income (earnings) of the non-resident parent. In most cases we use the basic rate. But, for non-resident parents who do not earn very much, or who are in receipt of certain benefits, we will use a reduced rate or a flat rate."
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
where is your logic, by the same reasoning, the girl who has more at risk should have thought she would have to work full time and look after the baby to make ends meet.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
where is your logic, by the same reasoning, the girl who has more at risk should have thought she would have to work full time and look after the baby to make ends meet.
no it should be equal that's what i'm arguing.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no it should be equal that's what i'm arguing.
hehe, although the gil does have the biggest risk, so she should be more careful.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
At the end of the day contraception/no contraception can cause pregnancy and everyone knows that, that's why the responsibility should be split equally between the two people.
So a man should have to take an equal responsibility when a woman has lied in order to get pregnant. I know someone that actually happened to. Why should he take financial responsibility for something that isnt his fault due to a lie.
Men have very few rights when it comes to children but all women do is moan about hard done by they are.

A man has no say and no legal right in whether his child is kept or aborted. In some cases they cant prevent adoption even if they want the baby.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So a man should have to take an equal responsibility when a woman has lied in order to get pregnant. I know someone that actually happened to. Why should he take financial responsibility for something that isnt his fault due to a lie.
Men have very few rights when it comes to children but all women do is moan about hard done by they are.

A man has no say and no legal right in whether his child is kept or aborted. In some cases they cant prevent adoption even if they want the baby.
A man should have a say in whether the child is aborted.

Has the man you were talking about ever heard of a condom? If I were a male and were having a one off then I wouldn't trust the girl...
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Has the man you were talking about ever heard of a condom? If I were a male and were having a one off then I wouldn't trust the girl...
It wasnt a one off. She said she was on the pill but no she wasnt, she wanted a baby but he didnt and rather than respect his wishes she went and got pregnant anyway. She takes all his money and barely allows him to see the child.
Even in long term relationships women arent that careful with the pill I confess I've forgotten to take it before now. my boyfriend trusted me to take it.

Women quite often dont get maintenance because they refuse to dislose who the father is so he can have nothing to do with the child and then moan about the lack of maintanence they receive.
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

so men dont care and others are drunk.... mistakes happen in life
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed