The Student Room Group

Institute of Education?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
THIS WAIT IS TORTURE! Sorry had to vent. I have a horrible feeling we're now going to have to wait until next week to hear. I doubt anyone has, but has anyone called heard from IOE today?
Reply 101
i also got email from IOE about TDA confirmations...really was hoping to hear before the weekend...but as 6pm looms I am starting to doubt this :frown:
Reply 102
Original post by e.lawson
i also got email from IOE about TDA confirmations...really was hoping to hear before the weekend...but as 6pm looms I am starting to doubt this :frown:

Uff, same here. Today I went with some year 11s from the school where I'm a TA to the GCSE Poetry Live! event on Euston Road. All day I was about 5 mins' walk from the IoE- I was so tempted to go in and try to force some information out of the admissions people! Apparently there are 10 extra places for Secondary English there this year, but even so I won't feel happy if/until my place is confirmed. So stressful :frown:
Reply 103
Has anyone received interview offers from them yet?

I applied for the Post-compulsory PGCE and received an interview date for the 17th March. They emailed me on the 1st of feb. Anyone in the same position as me???
Has anyone heard anything about the Business and Economics PGCE?
I've received all the same emails as everyone else but that's it.
I thought they would be quicker letting people know whether they have a place or not as we've been hanging around for such a long time now.
Places are really low on this course (the only one that got a lower allocation was Social Science) so I really want to know where I stand!
Reply 105
Everyone check GTTR! Got an unconditional offer for history! WHAT A RELIEF! Good luck to everyone :smile: xxx
Just got an offer for PGCE English!! Conditional on a minimum 2:2 degree and maths qualification. No problems meeting either one, see you in September!!!!
For offers are people getting emails from GTTR first or is it just from constantly checking track?
This wait is awful. I just want to know now!
Original post by Oh Student
For offers are people getting emails from GTTR first or is it just from constantly checking track?

My track won't stay logged in for longer than 2 mins.. so annoying! I hope they email..
Reply 110
I saw my offer on a random GTTR check...the email came through about 20mins later!
Unconditional for Primary!! :biggrin:

I got an email from GTTR about something changing on Track so I logged in to find out.

Good luck everyone! xx
I still have nothing... i'm starting to worry :frown:
I still haven't heard anything either! I'm just wondering if the Business dept is just as disorganised as the business dept at my uni now.
Track doesn't work on my phone and I'm out all day. I haven't received an email to say anything has changed though so I should probably stop winding myself up about it...
Reply 114
The wait is finally over! Also got an unconditional offer for English! I actually left a lesson as the kids were doing a test so I could check my iPhone, and saw the email from GTTR. I tremblingly logged on to Track and viewed my offer and accepted it. Phew! See you all in September! Just got to sort out Student Finance etc now x
Congratulations to those with offers - glad your wait is over!
IOE haven't even interviewed me for history, so I am expecting a rejection shortly as they have started making decisions now. Unfortunately all my other choices are full so I'm a bit stuck if this does happen! Nightmare year for PGCE applications :frown:
Original post by Moscow!
The wait is finally over! Also got an unconditional offer for English! I actually left a lesson as the kids were doing a test so I could check my iPhone, and saw the email from GTTR. I tremblingly logged on to Track and viewed my offer and accepted it. Phew! See you all in September! Just got to sort out Student Finance etc now x

Hi Moscow and Shoe_Gal_44, when did you guys have your interview? I'm hoping it's because it was earlier than mine hence I haven't heard from them yet. =(
I had mine back in November so I don't think it goes like that... I was in the first interview group for my subject and I still haven't heard anything.
Original post by thomasawdry
I had mine back in November so I don't think it goes like that... I was in the first interview group for my subject and I still haven't heard anything.

Yeah I understand, but you're applying for Business right? The reason I'm asking Moscow and Shoe Gal is coz they've got a place for English and that's what I've applied for. =( My interview was on the 9th Dec.
Original post by sleepydotcom
Yeah I understand, but you're applying for Business right? The reason I'm asking Moscow and Shoe Gal is coz they've got a place for English and that's what I've applied for. =( My interview was on the 9th Dec.

Yeah, business. This wait is driving me crazy though. I haven't read anything from anyone else who has applied to do Business so I have no idea if any offers have been made to anyone else :/
Good luck with yours :smile: Hopefully it won't be too much longer... I'll go crazy if I have to keep waiting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending