Advanced Extension Awards anyone? Watch

This discussion is closed.
WILKO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
rite

my school offers AEAs, so i thought i'd do a couple, as something extra coz im just doing the 3 Alevels (economics, maths and geography)
Doing AEAs in ECONOMICS and GEOGRAPHY.

was wondering if many offer people are doing them?? if so, any ideas what to expect, and what do you think uni's will make of them?
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by WILKO)
rite

my school offers AEAs, so i thought i'd do a couple, as something extra coz im just doing the 3 Alevels (economics, maths and geography)
Doing AEAs in ECONOMICS and GEOGRAPHY.

was wondering if many offer people are doing them?? if so, any ideas what to expect, and what do you think uni's will make of them?
I don't think they matter. I'm doing 3 AEAs and they are okay
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't do them and don't see the need to. But that's coz' I'm lazy.
Kyrotec
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How much effort do they require ? Addtionally how challenging are they, and are they a recognised qualification?
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by WILKO)
what do you think uni's will make of them?
Well, since not all schools/colleges offer AEAs, then it would be unfair for universities to ask for them in their standard offers. Of course, if you can do them, and do well in them, then all the better.

Bear in mind that if you do them, then it is likely that they will also form part of your offer - a larger workload and more pressure!

Remember, you will be at no disadvantage if you don't do them. As long as you do well in your A-levels it doesn't matter much.

What Cambridge have to say

J.
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
Well, since not all schools/colleges offer AEAs, then it would be unfair for universities to ask for them in their standard offers. Of course, if you can do them, and do well in them, then all the better.

Bear in mind that if you do them, then it is likely that they will also form part of your offer - a larger workload and more pressure!

Remember, you will be at no disadvantage if you don't do them. As long as you do well in your A-levels it doesn't matter much.

What Cambridge have to say

J.
Can you take AEA's in all subjects or are they limited to certain subjects???
DonnaB041986
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
Can you take AEA's in all subjects or are they limited to certain subjects???
u can do them in biology, chimistry, critical thinking, economics, geography, french, german, english, history, irish, latin, maths, physics, religious studies and welsh.

Donna
-x-
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (153)
60.96%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.38%
No- I want it (70)
27.89%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.77%

Watched Threads