This discussion is closed.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by skelterer)
Do you really like Tatu?
The worst russian anything i know (after the nuclear bomb!

Btw, d'u know what the original/native language trick with "Tatu" name?
i prefer listening to them in russian than in english. apart from that, they're not really my kind of thing.
skelterer
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Blush Babe)
OK, we know how to say "hello" in English. I know how to say them in Italian, Arabic and Iranian but I'll only start off with Iranian...
Salam
...Let's see how many languages we can get
BB
Okay, it seems that everybody who wanted to say, said. Could you be so kind to present the whole table of greetings?
skelterer
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
i prefer listening to them in russian than in english. apart from that, they're not really my kind of thing.
that's good that they are not...
i meant (excuse my poor english) that name "Tatu" has its own play upon words.
In russian, "Ta" may mean "those [woman] (subjective case)" and "Tu" may mean "those [woman] (genitive case)". So in russian "TaTu" has dual sense and might be understood also as "This woman <has, makes> those woman". In other words, the name makes the sense "they are lesbian"... brrrr.
Blush Babe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
I've just checked and nobody put "hello"!!!
I mean, 4 pages without anyone thinking of such an obvious one!
Sorry mate...I said that in the FIRST post ...or did you not see it .
Anyway Hey right back at you!
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
that's good that they are not...
i meant (excuse my poor english) that name "Tatu" has its own play upon words.
In russian, "Ta" may mean "those [woman] (subjective case)" and "Tu" may mean "those [woman] (genitive case)". So in russian "TaTu" has dual sense and might be understood also as "This woman <has, makes> those woman". In other words, the name makes the sense "they are lesbian"... brrrr.
oh yeah, i knew that already. it had been pasted all ove the sun before.

"BIG EXCLUSIVE HEADLINE!!!!!! Tatu (which in russian means "this woman loves that woman") are lesbians and will soon appear on page 3. in other news... the world is about to end. more on page 17"
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Blush Babe)
So is Irish a different language to english (forgive my ignorance, I wou;dn't know anyway). What does "Aisling" mean...I know it's a name.

Yes Irish is a different language quite similar tho Scot's Gaelic. The majority of Irish people speak English as their first language, with an official estimate of 80,000 native Irish speakers usually in the Gaeltacht areas. Everyone learns Irish in school and signs etc. are usually in Irish as well as English. There is a national Irish-speaking radio station, Radio na Gaeltachta, and tv station, TG4.

Aisling means "dream", but it would usually be spelled aislinn.
sarahwhatevver
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do you live in Alma-Ata/Kazakhstan? And you don't speak russian? Can't believe this... Or this language is already prohibited there?
I am not Russian and moved here recently which explains my pathetic language skills when it comes to Russian. And yes, they are trying to get more Kazakh to be spoken here, though I personally think it isnt working very well. The Kazakhs themselves prefer conversing in Russian...
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sarahwhatevver)
Yaa nee panee mayu pa ruski! That is one phrase I use ALL the time! Even more than "shto?"
And what is 'shark matey that you aparently love? :confused:
shark matey is chess (except the matey bit is pronuonced with heavy emphasis on the ey to make it sound like oy)
Sparkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
welsh:helo.

but its much more normal to say bore/prynhawn/nos da..meaning good morning/afternoon/night

love Katy ***
Helo Sarah ydw i, dw'in Byw yn Aberdar. Dwi'n Mynychu yr ysgol Merched Aberdar. Dwi'n Hoffi Technoleg ond Dw i ddim yn hoffi Mathemateg. D'w i ddim yn hoffi siarad yn Cymraeg achos mae'n Ddiflas ond dw'in hoffi siarad yn Saesneg achos mae'n Wych a Hawdd (GCSE Welsh has never failed me :confused: ) Supprisingly thats all i know and even thats wrong :eek:
skelterer
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sarahwhatevver)
I am not Russian and moved here recently which explains my pathetic language skills when it comes to Russian. And yes, they are trying to get more Kazakh to be spoken here, though I personally think it isnt working very well. The Kazakhs themselves prefer conversing in Russian...
Okay tell us how it will be 'Nee Hao' in Kazakh?
What young pretty lady's doing in wild Kazakh's steppes? Ловит тушканчиков на обед?
skelterer
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by meepmeep)
shark matey is chess (except the matey bit is pronuonced with heavy emphasis on the ey to make it sound like oy)
Ogh LOL! i was near to get crazy trying to guess what it was - Shark Matey !!! (i'm writing this laying on the floor) "shakhmaty" - that's the spelling that might keep russian alive.

Dont offend pls - nothing personal... all your 'russian' epistles are so funny! I have not been laughing so loud for the long time already
From my part, i hope i bring you few pleasant minutes with my own english
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ogh LOL! i was near to get crazy trying to guess what it was - Shark Matey !!! (i'm writing this laying on the floor) "shakhmaty" - that's the spelling that might keep russian alive.

Dont offend pls - nothing personal... all your 'russian' epistles are so funny! I have not been laughing so loud for the long time already
From my part, i hope i bring you few pleasant minutes with my own english
No problem, but that's my favourite Russian word. Only studied it for two years though in Year's 8 and 9 and can't remember much (although the trip to Russia was fantastic!) My brother's taken it on for GCSE though.
skelterer
Report 16 years ago
No problem, but that's my favourite Russian word. Only studied it for two years though in Year's 8 and 9 and can't remember much (although the trip to Russia was fantastic!) My brother's taken it on for GCSE though.
What is GCSE?
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What is GCSE?
It's the series of exams you have at the end of high school when you're 16.
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's the series of exams you have at the end of high school when you're 16.
they are designed to totore High School Students.
skelterer
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
they are designed to totore High School Students.
[btw - Privet everybody!!]

... Aha, understood. Something between the Holy Inquisition and butchering?
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
[btw - Privet everybody!!]

... Aha, understood. Something between the Holy Inquisition and butchering?
HUH?????????????????????????????
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
HUH?????????????????????????????
Is torture somewhere between the Holy Inquisition and butchering?
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
since i don't know what one of them is, i still have to say, HHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH.
skelterer
Report 16 years ago
Something wrong? Do you mean that either Inquisition or butchering is somethin like drinking coca cola? )
anyhow, excuse my soldier's sense of humor...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (216)
67.92%
No (102)
32.08%

Watched Threads