The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How did it go, OP? :smile:
Reply 21
I can't tell you how similar a situation I'm in to you.
My best friend and I always hang out together. I practically know all of her family, including her cousins (who are all crazy attractive). However I started talking to the oldest one, who told me he liked me fairly soon after we had started texting, but I liked his younger brother. I couldn't tell my best friend because it was her cousin but after getting into a fight with him and realising that he was not good for my health, I stopped talking to him. The only problem is that u can't stop thinking about him, wondering what it would be like if i liked him back or was his girlfriend..... I've never felt like I liked him tho :/
Are you sure you are not worried about other peoples judgement? In other words, embarrassed? There must be some type of attraction in him if you think you like him. Maybr you also genuinely care for him and dont want to hurt him. Are you afraid to give it a shot and later find yourself flirting with a guy you think is hot? I think you should just got with the flow. Who knows, what if he gets a girlfriend with in the next months? Would u feel any type of hurt. Some situations we have no control over. Whatever makes u happy n brings u peace is the answer.
Original post by Danidash1111
Are you sure you are not worried about other peoples judgement? In other words, embarrassed? There must be some type of attraction in him if you think you like him. Maybr you also genuinely care for him and dont want to hurt him. Are you afraid to give it a shot and later find yourself flirting with a guy you think is hot? I think you should just got with the flow. Who knows, what if he gets a girlfriend with in the next months? Would u feel any type of hurt. Some situations we have no control over. Whatever makes u happy n brings u peace is the answer.

I’d hope they’ve found the answer in the last 8 years! Maybe check the date things were posted in future? :smile:
I agree. I began to crush on a guy in my class (it was a very small class, only six people including me, but we were split into different groups occasionally), and while I kind of noticed myself being a little flirty with him, I didn't realize that I had a crush on him until I found out that he liked another girl in the class. The girl is my friend, and I've only told one person that I like him. She knows that he likes her and doesn't like him back. Initially I didn't find him physically attractive, and all of my previous crushes have been based on physical attraction (never went anywhere, they were all jerks), unfortunately. I think this is the first real crush I've had not based on it, actually. It was a very slow realization process, and I seem to be finding him more attractive every day, haha.
If you like him and aren't attracted to him, be his friend. Biologically we are made to find 'mates' to shack up or start a family with, and the first step is 'attraction.' if you can't see yourself being with him romantically, then you have a problem. You want to have children with someone who you don't enjoy looking at, and have kids who look like them. Even if you adopt, are you going to explain to your children; attraction is overated. This isn't the medieval times with arranged marriages where you have to just settle for the sake of settling.

Once you meet a guy you are attracted to, you won't care about the question you posed.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Artsystudent
If you like him and aren't attracted to him, be his friend. Biologically we are made to find 'mates' to shack up or start a family with, and the first step is 'attraction.' if you can't see youself being with him romantically, then you have a problem. You want to have children with someone who you don't enjoy looking at, and have kids who look like them. Even if you adopt, are you going to explain to your children; attraction is overated. This isn't the medieval times with arranged marriages where you have to just settle for the sake of settling.

Once you meet a guy you are attracted to, you won't care about the question you posed.

OP's probably married w him by him, chill;D
Original post by SomMC1
OP's probably married w him by him, chill;D

lol. Probably, just seen the date of post. Daymn.
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeh there should be some attraction but if it’s someone who is always on your mind and you have a strong connection with him/her then you should just go by the personality and overtime you will notice that you don’t even discuss the looks and instead base it off how the person acts. Like if someone acts or is adorable, cute then probably you will end up calling them that
(edited 4 years ago)
ugh I'm in the exact same situation right now. I have been pretty close friends with a guy for a while now and everyone kept saying he liked me as more but I wouldn't let myself believe it so I told myself that I didn't like him (even though I kinda thought I might). As more time passed I decided that I did like him and he finally asked me on a date and admitted his feeling for me. I was so happy about this and I couldn't wait to hang out with him and everything. As of right now we have been spending a lot of time together but we havent done anything physical (other than some cuddling-type stuff) and I'm starting to realize that I don't want him to kiss me. I don't know if this is because Im scared it won't be good (I get anxious about kissing someone for the first time normally so it could just be that) or if it's because I don't find him that attractive. I can't decide whether to talk to him about all of it or just wait til he tries to kiss me and see how that goes? But that could also make things so much worse if I wait til then to tell him :frown:
Reply 30
Original post by Sarahpro14
ugh I'm in the exact same situation right now. I have been pretty close friends with a guy for a while now and everyone kept saying he liked me as more but I wouldn't let myself believe it so I told myself that I didn't like him (even though I kinda thought I might). As more time passed I decided that I did like him and he finally asked me on a date and admitted his feeling for me. I was so happy about this and I couldn't wait to hang out with him and everything. As of right now we have been spending a lot of time together but we havent done anything physical (other than some cuddling-type stuff) and I'm starting to realize that I don't want him to kiss me. I don't know if this is because Im scared it won't be good (I get anxious about kissing someone for the first time normally so it could just be that) or if it's because I don't find him that attractive. I can't decide whether to talk to him about all of it or just wait til he tries to kiss me and see how that goes? But that could also make things so much worse if I wait til then to tell him :frown:

So maybe start your own new thread instead of piggybacking on one that is 9 years old?

Latest

Trending

Trending