The Student Room Group

Official TSR Accounting and Finance Society

Scroll to see replies

Just did a module in Financial reporting.....

Boring as hell mind you but still, accountancy does have an interesting aspect to it indeed!
Original post by the greatest
Just did a module in Financial reporting.....

Boring as hell mind you but still, accountancy does have an interesting aspect to it indeed!

One of my new modules next semester is Financial Reporting next semester. Also, Law which I'm excited about.
Original post by marieisfab
Ugh, I don't understand why they had to change it from BS to SoFP. We've been using the two interchangably, but in my exam I was forcing myself to use SoFB but kept starting to write Bal- before having to scribble it out.

It's the P&L that got me :p:

Fortunately, our lecturers are pretty easy about it. As long as they can work out what we are referring to (and actually draw them!), any of the names will do.

Of course, the change from "Cash Flow Statement" to "Statement of Cash Flows" is taking the piss a bit....
can i join the thread? :biggrin:
took accounting in o'levels and a'levels and applying to unis for 2011 on it :smile:
i was sorta confused if i should take finance or accounting as a major
im stuck between financial manager and CA :frown:
Original post by Ree-Shay
Sheffield, Nottingham, Birmingham, Liverpool & Brunel. Which uni are you looking to go to?

Ermm... Nottingham 1st choice... Sheffield insurance :biggrin:
What about you? Got any offers yet ?
Reply 245
Original post by Linda.Duong
Ermm... Nottingham 1st choice... Sheffield insurance :biggrin:
What about you? Got any offers yet ?

Same! But I doubt I will get into Nottingham so i guess i'll firm Sheffield. I have all my offers except for Nottingham. Good luck!
Same! But I doubt I will get into Nottingham so i guess i'll firm Sheffield. I have all my offers except for Nottingham. Good luck!

Arghhh.. Jealous ! I'm waiting on Nottingham and Newcastle.. app they wait till the deadline to hand out offers. Fingers crossed we get in :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 247
Arghhh.. Jealous ! I'm waiting on Nottingham and Newcastle.. app they wait till the deadline to hand out offers. Fingers crossed we get in :biggrin: :biggrin:

Did you get an email from Notts saying they will reply by the end of Feb?
Did you get an email from Notts saying they will reply by the end of Feb?

:O i didnt even get that email.. Dratts. i just got an email saying i have like some account with them :/ maybs it's because I applied pretty late :/
Have you been to Nott and Sheffield's open day yet?
Reply 249
:O i didnt even get that email.. Dratts. i just got an email saying i have like some account with them :/ maybs it's because I applied pretty late :/
Have you been to Nott and Sheffield's open day yet?

No, but im going to sheffield's one on the 11th of March (the day after results :frown:)
Original post by samanthaaaa
One of my new modules next semester is Financial Reporting next semester. Also, Law which I'm excited about.

just out of curiosity.......
where you studying for you A&F degree?
how hard is it for people with no business/ economic background to go into acc&fin?
Original post by inspirational912
how hard is it for people with no business/ economic background to go into acc&fin?

It's as difficult as you make it :smile:

You can study for the ACCA/ACA/CIMA/whatever with no accounting, business, or economic background.

If you have a good degree, you may also be able to get onto a grad scheme, many of which ask for a first (or a high 2:1) in any subject (you may even be seen as better as you have a wider skillset).
Original post by inspirational912

I found it incredibly easy to jump into accountancy without a business or economic background. It was a lot of work on my part at first, bu it gets better once you have the initial grasp of the subject.
(edited 13 years ago)
I now have all of my offers :smile: Don't know how I'm going to choose between them!
May not be online tomorrow so I'll say it now:

Merry Christmas! Hope you all have a fantastic one!
:gah:
Reply 256
Happy birthday to jinnah ( quaid-e-azam ) founder of pakistan
Reply 257
Got into Nottingham, despite being rejected from Liverpool :/
Other offers from Sheffield, Nottingham Trent and awaiting contact from Birmingham

Just thought I'd randomly drop that one in. ps i hate liverpool :wink:
Reply 258
I made Manchester my firm choice and Sheffield my insurance

Does anybody know how hard are the Advanced Maths and Advanced Statistics modules at Manchester?
:biggrin:

Financial Statement Analysis & Valuation Coursework - handed in 10th December
Corporate Finance Coursework - handed in Christmas Eve
Audit & Assurance Coursework - handed in today

Quantitative Methods for Finance Coursework - due 10th January (not started)

Exams
Corp. Fin. 10.01.11
FSAAV 12.01.11
Quants 14.01.11
A&A 18.01.11

BRING IT ON

(Then we start the second semester......)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending