What makes you different from everyone else? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
There are more Chinese speakers than Spanish, however - Chinese is generally centred very much around China, whilst Spanish is (geographically speaking) more widely spoken.

Having said that, China is transforming into the next super power. Speaking their language may come in handy when they conquer the world.
I agree with that. I generally wouldn't learn chinese because I don't have a very good impression of China. Plus I think it'd be harder because with spanish the script is the same, whereas you'd have to learn new symbols for Chinese.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)

Having said that, China is transforming into the next super power. Speaking their language may come in handy when they conquer the world.
They can't conquer the world. I won't let them...after all i'm the one aiming for world domination.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
They can't conquer the world. I won't let them...after all i'm the one aiming for world domination.
You'll have to get passed me and my winged super monkey legions first.
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)
Although next year i have the option to study one and i was thinking about either: Spanish or Chinese? what do you think? I want the language to be as useful as possible
Do you plan on going to China? If not, choose Spanish! I would. You will get to show it off in the UK's most popular holiday destinations, as well as in the US (and Mexico)
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
I love Jonatan.
But does Jonatan loves you?
Matt the cat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alec)
There are more Chinese speakers than Spanish, however - Chinese is generally centred very much around China, whilst Spanish is (geographically speaking) more widely spoken.

They were two of the reasons why i have been left as those two as my final choices, as opposed to the many other languages that are out there
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
But does Jonatan loves you?
lol - yes he does (love Linda that is)
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
What makes you different from everyone else? I'm talking about the REAL you, not the cyber-you.
my laugh, i have the most obnoxious laugh in the world......its come to a point where if i laugh at one of my french teachers classes, i get sent outside the room........
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do you plan on going to China? If not, choose Spanish! I would. You will get to show it off in the UK's most popular holiday destinations, as well as in the US (and Mexico)
Thank you for the advise... no i do not plan to do to china, infact i'm slighty put off by the characters that are used in chinese txt. However i was very intregued when i herd that the chinese workforce is 3x the size of the european, USA and middle east workforcse put together!!
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
I agree with that. I generally wouldn't learn chinese because I don't have a very good impression of China. Plus I think it'd be harder because with spanish the script is the same, whereas you'd have to learn new symbols for Chinese.
I do not know much about China, although I am really in Love with Brazil, i tihnk it is one of the most beautiful places on this earth
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the only time you ever speak spanish in the US is conversing with the people who do your yard.........
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)
I do not know much about China, although I am really in Love with Brazil, i tihnk it is one of the most beautiful places on this earth
they don't speak Spanish in Brazil
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
they speak portugese!
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my individuality
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
my individuality
yeah *rollseyes*
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
Well i aint gona learn Portugese just for Brazil... I mean Spanish is the first language for the rest of south amererica, so i'm sure i got a fighting chance when i'm there, especially as english is the well known business language.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the fact that I talk in a mixture of languages, both made up and real ALL the time, and that I asked my sister to get me a shirt (part of their uniform) from Waitrose as I really like the pattern and it would look good with one of my tank tops
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
yeah *rollseyes*
curry is unique because of her weirdness
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)

y do u not have a very good impression of china?
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im crazy, wild and weird and have an obsession with poo...oh and i dont care about anything...

do spanish lol...more culture to it...then you could easily learn arabic, which is cool!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (472)
59.3%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.4%
No- I want it (228)
28.64%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.66%

Watched Threads

Latest