This discussion is closed.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
ok this might be an absoultely awful idea or it could be a good one, as this is the only way im gonna find out im not really bothered either way.

i have noticed that on forums in general there is alot of ****ging off: some of it because of misunderstandings ie ppl not explainling their posts
some of it deliberate
some of because people fail to understand that ppl can have differing opinions
ect.
what i am proposing is that there should be a sort of constituion that you can sign up to and put in your sig. this would not be any sort of fan club with leaders who rule over the members or one that you necessary have to put much effort into. the point would be if you have a "the plegde" in your sig, u are agreeing to a number of rules to use it.

that you will respect other peoples view
that you will not respond with insults to anyone that either ****gs you off or is determental to your view point
if someone is offensive to you, you will report them rather than respond
that you wont give unsigned negative rep

i realise that there is nothing that i can do to stop people breaking these rules but the idea is that it would promote the right spirt in the forum, i am open to fresh ideas about what other people would like to inculde, and to whether this is a good idea

i realise that this might be a dumb idea to many but at least i am trying to put forward an idea to improve the forum.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
ok this might be an absoultely awful idea or it could be a good one, as this is the only way im gonna find out im not really bothered either way.

i have noticed that on forums in general there is alot of ****ging off: some of it because of misunderstandings ie ppl not explainling their posts
some of it deliberate
ect.
what i am proposing is that there should be a sort of constituion that you can sign up to and put in your sig. this would not be any sort of fan club with leaders who rule over the members or one that you necessary have to put much effort into. the point would be if you have a "the plegde" in your sig, u are agreeing to a number of rules to use it.

that you will not respond with insults to anyone that either ****gs you off or is determental to your view point

i realise that there is nothing that i can do to stop people breaking these rules but the idea is that it would promote the right spirt in the forum, i am open to fresh ideas about what other people would like to inculde, and to whether this is a good idea

i realise that this might be a dumb idea to many but at least i am trying to put forward an idea to improve the forum.
The gentlemen's league is for that.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
The gentlemen's league is for that.
by the way ive gotten 3 more neg reps in 3 days (havent been on for awhile) makes me so friggin mad! and one of them is hahahaha!
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

some of it deliberate
ect.

please shush and go back to being super nicey nicey lets all me happy friendly people - instead of trying to get other people to be to.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
please shush and go back to being super nicey nicey lets all me happy friendly people - instead of trying to get other people to be to.
corey, is it you who has been giving me all the neg rep? because i swear if you stop ill give you pos/neg rep of your choosing for 3 days!
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
corey, is it you who has been giving me all the neg rep? because i swear if you stop ill give you pos/neg rep of your choosing for 3 days!
nope, you know I love you!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
nope, you know I love you!
you swear? cuz some stupid newbie has been doing this when i havent even been on in 3 days!
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you swear? cuz some stupid newbie has been doing this when i havent even been on in 3 days!
How many points do you lose?
material breach
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2776 2)
The gentlemen's league is for that
from the opening post by sire the league is very much a group of "good blokes", it doesnt set out any sort of agenda for behaviour and i does need to, this could be something new. it also has positions, this wouldnt be a club more a code of conduct that you are agreeing to
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes...i swear down... :rolleyes:
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

some of it deliberate
ect.

Well if it offends you so much, there is an ignore feature in your cp, this blocks out the text of the people you add.
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
from the opening post by sire the league is very much a group of "good blokes", it doesnt set out any sort of agenda for behaviour and i does need to, this could be something new. it also has positions, this wouldnt be a club more a code of conduct that you are agreeing to
What is a forum without abuse and controversy?
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
How many points do you lose?
ive lost 40 points
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Yes...i swear down... :rolleyes:
somehow im not believing you when you roll your eyes like that!
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
somehow im not believing you when you roll your eyes like that!
the stupid newbie who keeps negitive repping me will die when i find out who it is........DIE!

Doesn't look too good for the 'person' who has done it....
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ive lost 40 points
hehe, any way i swear when you complain about losign rep, more people neg you, so shush
material breach
Rep:
?
(Original post by corey)
im not trying people to get people to change their behaviour! people who agree with what i have said already would join im not trying to convet people who dont agree which why your comments dont bother me after all there is no point trying to please everyone in life. a "super nicey nicey lets all me (did u mean be) happy friendly people" why are using the pural (people) to refer to me?
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im not trying people to get people to change their behaviour! people who agree with what i have said already would join im not trying to convet people who dont agree which why your comments dont bother me after all there is no point trying to please everyone in life. a "super nicey nicey lets all me (did u mean be) happy friendly people" why are using the pural (people) to refer to me?
I want to make people join a 'pledge' to behave nicely etc etc, the people who will join, already will act in this way. Thus, it is useless. Go home.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
the stupid newbie who keeps negitive repping me will die when i find out who it is........DIE!

Doesn't look too good for the 'person' who has done it....
A somewhat bleak outlook for the perpitraitor. lol.
material breach
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Well if it offends you so much, there is an ignore feature in your cp, this blocks out the text of the people you add.
where did i say it offended me? surely if its blocked out you dont know if they have been offensive to u?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (2)
28.57%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
14.29%
No- I want it (3)
42.86%
No- I don't want it (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads