unsuccessful in applying to H&M

Watch
expresschoco
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm Applying for H&M and about couple minutes later i'm unsuccessfull i think it could possibly be the additional questions there asking ( I just copyed and pasted it from H&M ). when i post my cv to the store the manager rings back and they look forward to my application but i don't know what's wrong i know it's sound daft and stupid lol

The first question I put yes
Seond question do i put yes or no

Additional Information
Are you an EC citizen? (proof will be required)
If you are not an EC citizen do you have a work permit that allows you to work in the UK? No Yes
Please specify the type of work permit you hold
Please specify the expiry date of your work permit
Does any endorsement on your passport restrict your employment in the UK? No Yes
If yes please give details
Dinosaurus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No idea what you're even trying to say. "I'm applying to H&M, and about a couple of minutes later I'm unsuccessful"? What? You found out minutes after you gave in your application that you were rejected? Then you say "when I give my CV to the manager, they call me and say they're looking forward to my application"?

What on earth are you talking about?
MonsoonFlower
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by expresschoco)
I'm Applying for H&M and about couple minutes later i'm unsuccessfull i think it could possibly be the additional questions there asking ( I just copyed and pasted it from H&M ). when i post my cv to the store the manager rings back and they look forward to my application but i don't know what's wrong i know it's sound daft and stupid lol

The first question I put yes
Seond question do i put yes or no

Additional Information
Are you an EC citizen? (proof will be required)
If you are not an EC citizen do you have a work permit that allows you to work in the UK? No Yes
Please specify the type of work permit you hold
Please specify the expiry date of your work permit
Does any endorsement on your passport restrict your employment in the UK? No Yes
If yes please give details
Are you sure you had a reply, literally "minutes" after applying, if you have then there was definitely something wrong about your application, did you accidentally highlight no into one of these?

(Original post by Dinosaurus)
No idea what you're even trying to say. "I'm applying to H&M, and about a couple of minutes later I'm unsuccessful"? What? You found out minutes after you gave in your application that you were rejected? Then you say "when I give my CV to the manager, they call me and say they're looking forward to my application"?

What on earth are you talking about?
:ditto: I applied to H&M just now and I haven't even heard from them, but this thread is very confusing.
rick_james
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Also just applied for H&M
MonsoonFlower
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rick_james)
Also just applied for H&M
And like expresschoco, did you receive a reject email; just literally minutes later, because I didn't; I applied an hour ago and just received the usual "We have received your application and is currently being reviewed." (along those lines).
miss_snm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I work as a sales advisor in H&M..if you have been successful it will take a week for them to contact you
If you haven't been succesful they usually send you an email the same day or the day after
I don't know why but that's how they process their applications.
Also they like to see work experience so make sure you include any experience you've had in the past. Good luck
Melanie-v
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You put N/A - not applicable. You are an EC citizen.
rick_james
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by miss_snm)
I work as a sales advisor in H&M..if you have been successful it will take a week for them to contact you
If you haven't been succesful they usually send you an email the same day or the day after
Also they like to see work experience so make sure you include any experience you've had in the past. Good luck
Still no reply? Should I take that as good news then? Thanks for your reply.
ufo_01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i applied here earlier in the year and was received an email saying i was unsuccessful roughly a few days to a week after applying.
Skaiyote
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I applied 3 weeks ago and still waiting to hear back from them
rick_james
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Had a phone interview today, got invited for an interview on Thursday, any idea on what I can expect please?
expresschoco
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i have put down my work experience and i've even included a cover letter and my cv

tk maxx
royal mail
next
dorothy perkins
volountary work
tana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rick_james)
Had a phone interview today, got invited for an interview on Thursday, any idea on what I can expect please?
I had an interview on Friday (still waiting to hear back!). It was a really relaxed interview with the store manager and an admin assistant who jotted everything down. They firstly asked me about my flexibility and why I only needed a part time job (I had only applied for the 20 hour role). The main criteria questions asked were......Why H&M? Why do you think you would be suited for the job? What do you know about H&M the company? What role do you play in a team (leader, listener or both)? What do you think the job role involves? Give an example of when you have had to work to a deadline. What do you think good customer service is? What is your main strength?

After this they asked me if I had an questions and sent me on my way!

Hope this helps and good luck!!
rick_james
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tana)
I had an interview on Friday (still waiting to hear back!). It was a really relaxed interview with the store manager and an admin assistant who jotted everything down. They firstly asked me about my flexibility and why I only needed a part time job (I had only applied for the 20 hour role). The main criteria questions asked were......Why H&M? Why do you think you would be suited for the job? What do you know about H&M the company? What role do you play in a team (leader, listener or both)? What do you think the job role involves? Give an example of when you have had to work to a deadline. What do you think good customer service is? What is your main strength?

After this they asked me if I had an questions and sent me on my way!

Hope this helps and good luck!!
Thanks so much for your reply, I'm sure it will help. I hope you got the job btw!
angel_from_h3ll
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hey i'm just about to apply for a job at h & m (one of the ones at bristol) and i was just wondering is it better to apply online or go instore and give in my cv that way?
Maccabees
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by angel_from_h3ll)
hey i'm just about to apply for a job at h & m (one of the ones at bristol) and i was just wondering is it better to apply online or go instore and give in my cv that way?
Apply online because they don't accept CV's instore. I worked there for a year and the amount of people that came in with CV's was ridic and we couldn't accept them.
Whitneyoa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Hii I had a interview with H&M Tuesday, And I did quite good at my interview. But I don't no if i am unsuccessful yet because I haven't had a email. does this mean I got he job??
Smartcook
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Whitneyoa)
Hii I had a interview with H&M Tuesday, And I did quite good at my interview. But I don't no if i am unsuccessful yet because I haven't had a email. does this mean I got he job??
Don't mean s***. Just mean you have 50/50 chance.
rurounikenji
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hey,

does anyone know what i could write for this question;

What is your reason for applying to H&M?

And also i read on the application that i will have to attach a cover letter for the sales advisor position. Anyone know what i could put in the cover letter? I really want this job but i usually suck when it comes to these type of questions

Thanks!!
Smartcook
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rurounikenji)
hey,

does anyone know what i could write for this question;

What is your reason for applying to H&M?

And also i read on the application that i will have to attach a cover letter for the sales advisor position. Anyone know what i could put in the cover letter? I really want this job but i usually suck when it comes to these type of questions

Thanks!!
Simple question . WHY THE HELL ARE YOU APPLYING TO US OVER OTHER COMPANIES.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
18.03%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads