The Student Room Group

unsuccessful in applying to H&M

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smartcook
Simple question . WHY THE HELL ARE YOU APPLYING TO US OVER OTHER COMPANIES.

See, i have answered this question countless times. However, i obviously must not be writing about the right points as my application always gets rejected
Hey guys, I got rejected after the online application process, but I just wanted to know, preferably from anyone who works there or who knows the process well, If I get rejected, do I have to wait six months before applying again? I know a lot of stores have this policy but H&M doesn't really state if I can or not? :s-smilie:..........

Thanks in advance!
Reply 22
I just handed my CV into H&M yesterday on a complete whim whilst on a job hunt. I was about to walk by the shop when I noticed a small ad in the bottom of the display window advertising Sales Advisor positions.

I looked on the website yesterday morning before I went out but it said my local store had no vacancies whatsoever, however having seen that sign I decided to buy something and asked the person on the till if the position was still open.

She was really lovely and took my CV but I decided to look at the website again and have since found out that you need a covering letter etc. and am now worried that I have well and truly stitched myself up :frown:

I don't know if the fact I actually bought something from there and was also wearing a dress from H&M would've perhaps shown that I at least like H&M, but ughhhh I'm so annoyed at myself!

I would love to work there & have just over a years experience in retail and other relevant qualities eg. running a fashion blog with my friend, & I mention all this in my CV.

As I haven't had an email rejection just yet, & didn't apply online, I've still got a little bit of hope that they might consider me, and I think she'll remember me as I almost forgot my debit card as I was leaving.

But I'm just so worried :frown: Having read my giant ramble, does anyone have an opinion as to whether I've messed it up for myself or not?
Reply 23
I work at H&M, and trust me, it doesn't matter if your application has been rejected. KEEP ON APPLYING. I sent the same application so many times until I finally got that phone call. They only select a few candidates for an interview at random so you're bound to get an interview at some point (unless your application is really crappy).

teepot23 - H&M doesn't take CVs by hand any more. Everything is done online now. At least, that's what we were told in the training. I suggest you go back to the store and ask to talk to a manager and let them know you handed in a CV. Make sure you write a nice cover letter too and mention your fashion blog. Show them that you have a passion for fashion and let them know why you would be an asset for the company. Sell yourself but don't over do it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 24
hi i went assesment today and they said if we successful they will call us or email however right after my assesment i recieved a email sayingDear Yourapplication and interest mean a lot to us. The H

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending