This discussion is closed.
Niaya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
who is to blame for evil and suffering god or humans please give a reason for your answer
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by angel D)
who is to blame for evil and suffering god or humans please give a reason for your answer
who cares
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Humans, we have been designed by nature to self destruct.
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Humans, we have been designed by nature to self destruct.
Agreed.

God gave us a planet to live on, he doesn't control what we do with it or with each other.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yet God is also causing suffering if he has the power to stop it but doesnt.
Moochy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
humans. if there werent humans on the planet it would all sort itself out and wouldnt be falling apart. we ruin its lifecycle.
anyone read This other Eden - Ben Elton?
Niaya
Rep:
?
yes but looking at the story in the bible it said that god told adam and eve not to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
but they may not have, had any knowledge of good and evil therefore wouldnt of known how much damage eating the fruit would do.
it also says in the lords prayer lead us not in to temptation but god lead adam and eve into temtation by saying "you cant eat that fruit"
Moochy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yes but looking at the story in the bible it said that god told adam and eve not to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
but they may not have, had any knowledge of good and evil therefore wouldnt of known how much damage eating the fruit would do.
it also says in the lords prayer lead us not in to temptation but god lead adam and eve into temtation by saying "you cant eat that fruit"
no offence to you or any christians/bible readers but i dont believe that happened
Niaya
Rep:
?
i am not saying i beleave in the bible i am trying to give another side to the agument
Moochy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ok sorry. well yeh that is another side i agree. u cud go either way.
_EMMA_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
humans, even though god said those things it was the humans that performed it
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
this is one of the strongest arguments against the existence of god. why is there so much evil and suffering in the world when god is meant to be all loving, compassionate etc etc

humans create evil and suffering.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Humans...
If i slapped you then it would kinda be momentry suffering which i have caused...there is no way that god would have stopped me from slapping you lol...no that i want to slap you.

That was a really bad analogy but i hope you got what i was trying to say.
Niaya
Rep:
?
yes i understand i just think that if god had given people better empathy skills things would be alot better
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
in all the big religions that´s the idea: god knows, he create, but he does not control; logically, he cannot do evil. Since I believe god was created by humans (in their minds) it is clear that he can do even less evil
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
humans because 9 times out of 10 a human or another human causes someone to suffer
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Humans purely because I doubt very much there is a god
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
yet God is also causing suffering if he has the power to stop it but doesnt.
I agree with that, but I think in most cases humans are capable of ending the suffering too.

Tis a tough and rather depressing question
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We're not being tricked into thinking we're taking part in some form of philosophical debate when it's actually research for someone's RS essay....are we?
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
I agree with that, but I think in most cases humans are capable of ending the suffering too.

Tis a tough and rather depressing question
i like your avatar
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (211)
67.63%
No (101)
32.37%

Watched Threads