The Student Room Group

Changed Exam Boards. Retaking a Unit as Private Candidate?.

I've changed my sociology exam board from AQA to OCR.

I want to retake the first unit of the AQA Exam. (already been confirmed its possible ect).

But I have to take it as a private candidate as obviously my current college does not offer AQA Sociology.

So I was just wondering how I would go about doing this?. I know im leaving it late as I want to retake in January and fear deadlines may have already passed.
Reply 1
Solved : http://www.ealingindependentcollege.com/mainpage.asp?id=60

---

Now I want to take A2 Business fully private whilst doing AS Business at college. How would I go about doing this?
Reply 2
Original post by iStudent07
I've changed my sociology exam board from AQA to OCR.

I want to retake the first unit of the AQA Exam. (already been confirmed its possible ect).

But I have to take it as a private candidate as obviously my current college does not offer AQA Sociology.

So I was just wondering how I would go about doing this?. I know im leaving it late as I want to retake in January and fear deadlines may have already passed.

October 21st was the deadline. You can still enter, but it was cost double the normal amount. You do not need to go to another centre, just tell your college you want to be entered for the AQA exam and pay them the money. You're not a private candidate because you have a candidate number associated with a college. You tell your college you want to be entered and you can sit the exam there.
Reply 3
Original post by iStudent07
Solved : http://www.ealingindependentcollege.com/mainpage.asp?id=60

---

Now I want to take A2 Business fully private whilst doing AS Business at college. How would I go about doing this?

Read my post above.
Reply 4
When speaking with the college since they do not offer the AQA Syallbus I was informed that I could not sit the exam through them.

I have just gone the personal candidate route but thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest