The Student Room Group

Girls on the pill: how long does it take for your period to come on pill free week?

Hi,

My last packet of pills finished on Sunday, so that's three days (including today) that I haven't taken a pill, and still no bleeding. Is it normal for it to take this long? I've only been on the pill for two months, and last pill-free week it took me 2 days to start bleeding, so I'm kind of worried that I might be pregnant. How many days usually pass before you bleed?
:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
88 hours.
So just over 3 and a half days. :p:

It's normal for it to fluctuate a little when you've only just started, not anything to worry about.
It can take your body a little while to realise that the break has actually started lol.
I finish my last pill on the Sunday and my bleed comes on the Thursday evening :smile: different for everyone
Reply 3
mine comes on day 4 or 5 of the pill free week, so dont worry, if you've taken the pill correctly your unlikely to be pregnant
Reply 4
I finish on a thursday and it starts late Sunday night/early Monday morning
usually around 2 days, i finished mine monday morning and still nothing yet. you're not alone :smile: it can vary if uve just started tho x
i finish on a tuesday and dont get my period till the sunday.
Reply 7
finish on wednesday and it starts on the friday night normally.
I finish on Wednesday and I usually come on Friday night/Saturday morning.
It's taken nearly 5 days to come before, so it's nothing to worry about! :smile:
I finish on a Sunday and mine comes wednesday morning, whereas someone above said hers in thursday evening! Just wait this week out as it can come at anytime, and after the week, thats when it might be worth doing a test if you're worried, or ringing your doctor :smile:
Mine usually comes quick too - finish on Tuesday and it comes on Thursday morning - but this month it hasn't, and to be honest I'm a little worried. It's happened before though and everything's been fine - it came on Sunday morning that time! Just wait this one out and if it still hasn't come by the time you're due to take the next pack then see a doctor or take a test :smile:
Mine usually takes a couple of days, it was different in the first few months cos the body has to get used to the new hormones being produced and everything else. So its completely normal to be on and off and for it to take a bit longer to start each time. After a couple of months, it will settle down and you will become more regular.
Reply 12
hi, i am in a similar situation, except i finished mine on the friday and got my bleed on tuesday...which was a relief...until i read that apparently when on the pill it isnt a proper period and is dubbed breakthrough bleeding, does anyone know if when you are pregnant you still get the bleeding anyway when on the pill? apologies for poaching thread but thought OP may like to know the answer too
I take my last pill on the Tuesday, and usual come on late Friday night, or on Saturday. If you stress out about it, your period might actually delay itself! So just relax, I'm sure everything's fine :]
I'm in the same boat! I took my last pill on Sunday and it's not Thursday afternoon and no period! Hoping it comes soon as I am totally not ready for pregnancy.
mine takes about 5 days, i usually start taking the pill again before i've even started my period and sometimes it'll only last a day or sometimes i won't even have one, it's perfectly normal!
for me i would take my last pill on the sunday night and I would normally get my period (or 'withdrawal bleed') during the afternoon on a thursday. Sometimes it was a bit earlier or a bit later and maybe once or twice it started on a wednesday or a friday.
Sooooo long. Finish my pack on Sunday, don't come on til the next Saturday. It's always been this way though, think my body takes a long time to wake up and realise :h:
Can some one help me please what it is I forgot to take my pill and I don't stop taking then I go all way tho I don't have periods on them and on Saturday I forgot to take it and haven't do as the doctor said wait for a period and I still haven't had one and it's been a week 2 morrow that I still haven't had my period what shall I do
Yeah there's nothing to worry about it usually take me 3 to 4 days for me to come on my period when I'm on my 7 day break

Quick Reply

Latest