This discussion is closed.
poppy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
He is trying to do his tech studies homework and has to draw a subsystem diagram for a vending machine. Does anyone know what this means? I am of no use to him and he is shouting and screaming at all of us.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by poppy)
He is trying to do his tech studies homework and has to draw a subsystem diagram for a vending machine. Does anyone know what this means? I am of no use to him and he is shouting and screaming at all of us.
yeah i did a vending machine for my coursework as well....

i think it means the steps that the vending machine will follow when it operates, i.e.

money in - machine recognises the coins - step A, or machine does not recognise the coin - step B (reject coin)
Step A - Dispense object it is vending
or if it is more complicated - light up the given LEDs underneath the diagrams of the options available to purchase. and so on and so forth.
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by poppy)
i'm guessing it's some sort of a vending machine. go to your local coke machine to get ideas. my guess is you need a coin slot and somewhere to dispense the drinks, oh and also a coin return slot.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
yeah i did a vending machine for my coursework as well....

i think it means the steps that the vending machine will follow when it operates, i.e.

money in - machine recognises the coins - step A, or machine does not recognise the coin - step B (reject coin)
Step A - Dispense object it is vending
or if it is more complicated - light up the given LEDs underneath the diagrams of the options available to purchase. and so on and so forth.
and draw it flowchart style, with start, decisions, queries, loopbacks and end etc
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by poppy)
this wouldn't happen to be standard grade tech studies ur talking about?
poppy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
this wouldn't happen to be standard grade tech studies ur talking about?
I think it is.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.47%
No- I want it (69)
28.05%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads