This discussion is closed.
ferret
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
How do I tell a boy that I've known for ages that I fancy him?

I really need help with this because it's tearing me apart when i see him with his girlfriends.

Please help
*Ferret*
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ferret)

I really need help with this because it's tearing me apart when i see him with his girlfriends.

Please help
*Ferret*
I love you
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Please help
*Ferret*
to his face
dakhal
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
unless he's unhappy with his girlfriend you shouldn't say anything IMO
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You are going to have to provide us with some more information! Is he happy with his girlfriend? Does he suggest to you, that he may like you??
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if u fear the consequences...find out all about him and his gf,
or else, just go up to him and tell him !!!If ur heart is broken, try to face it .....though i know that it will be really tough !!!
ferret
(Original post by aliel)
You are going to have to provide us with some more information! Is he happy with his girlfriend? Does he suggest to you, that he may like you??
he's just split with his latest girlfriend but he never stays with them that long any way he says he is "looking for someone who is like a best mate to him"
he doesn't give off any clues he likes me but we always flirt together and when we meet new people they think me and him are together!

i dont know how to tell him and so it wont back fire and i lose a good mate.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dakhal)
unless he's unhappy with his girlfriend you shouldn't say anything IMO
why, shes unhappy
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
don't listen, cos then you will do what most boys do and over analyse, jsut go up and ask him.
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

well, u make a good point here....it happens to most of us sometimes....and the best remedy is to just go up to him and tell him !!!
That will ease ur burden.............
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The best thing you can do is become friends with him and get to know him better. You can then take it from there.
dakhal
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
edit:didn't read thread fully.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
he's just split with his latest girlfriend but he never stays with them that long any way he says he is "looking for someone who is like a best mate to him"
he doesn't give off any clues he likes me but we always flirt together and when we meet new people they think me and him are together!

maybe if he says he is looking for someone who is like a best mate, that might be a clue to you, but jsut ask him out. You have already obviously lost a good mate as u r friends under false pretences.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
that'll be a hint then.
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
that'll be a hint then.
a big hint
ferret
(Original post by prince_capri)
well, u make a good point here....it happens to most of us sometimes....and the best remedy is to just go up to him and tell him !!!
That will ease ur burden.............
Alright so i've decided to tell him. HOw do i tell him i mean what words do i use? Do i try to explain my feelings to him or just be straight forward about it? Do i tell him on his own ? do i tell him with out any kind of warning?
Niaya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i told a mate i fancied them and we are still good mates if he ends up hating you he wasnt a true friend in the first place go for it
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
one of my best m8s told me he fancied me, but we're still gr8 friends.
JaF
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why not ask him out somewhere?

eg Do you want to go _________ .
When he says who else is going say "I was hoping it would just be the two of us"

He'll either:

# Say yes!

# Ask why you want to just go with him - in which case you should tell him that you fancy him

# Say no/ask other people along - he either doesn't like you or he is really shy
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Alright so i've decided to tell him. HOw do i tell him i mean what words do i use? Do i try to explain my feelings to him or just be straight forward about it? Do i tell him on his own ? do i tell him with out any kind of warning?
go for it, straight out, preferably alone (then it comes down to your word against his, if he is a right ******* about it). Don't explain your feelings, just say or do something liek "ur looking hot" then move in to kiss him or if you need something less risky, come on give us a kiss.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads