Is AnYoNe dOiN PhArMaCy @ uNi? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Masta_SancheZ
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
just wanted 2 know if n e 1 was doing pharmacy @ uni, and whether or not they like it. Im quite interested in going to UEA, and if n e 1 is studying pharmacy there id like to hear about it.

Ive heard its a good and well facilitated university, and also that its approach to courses differ from the more orthodox styles of teaching. is this true? whats the night life like there?

The main concern though is about what the course involves, and id love to hear from ANYONE studying pharmacy.

Also, if i want 2 do work experiance in the pharmaceutical research field - where are the best places to go?

cheers ppl - any info will b much appreciated.

:cool:
smaug
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
As no better informed person has replied Ill tell you what I know . My sister does pharmacy (3rd year). It sounds like pretty hard work - about 20 hours lectures and practicals a week. They do a lot of organic chemistry, cell biology and stuff about how drugs behave etc, also some law relating to drugs and so on. Generally she seems to enjoy the course :rolleyes: . I think if you want to do research youre better off doing a pharmacology degree which concentrates on the science side but leaves out the training to be a pharmacist. Hope this helps.
Btw I think the best unis are Notts, Bath and Manchester.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (15)
93.75%
No (1)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise