The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cowsforsale
Did one of you's buy that used copy of bad science from ebay :angry:!

I was just about to buy it :sad:

Found a cheap copy on amazon. zing.

you know of abebooks.co.uk?

it's pretty good.
Reply 7501
Sneezed during a deadlift yest, back rounded and twinged slightly, so I dropped the weight.

Dull ache today just above my coccyx, not the ache I'm used to. Got a full ROM though, so not awful.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7502
Original post by Tabris
Sneezed during a deadlift yest, back rounded and twinged slightly, so I dropped the weight.

Dull ache today just above my coccyx.

fml

Lol I read that as dull acne
Original post by Arturo Bandini
you know of abebooks.co.uk?

it's pretty good.

I do now, cheers for the heads up :yy:
Original post by MHorman
Any of you guys tried doing WSM style one arm overhead press?
I'm tempted to try it in future for fun.

Floor to ceiling and see what the highest weight i can get locked out would be.
Dunno whereabout to put it in my workout though.

Would probably do it on squat/bench/deadlift day after deadlifting... Would be slightly less weight than i could lift at the beginning but i wouldn't wanna comprimise the other lifts...

U4M1R is rather good at it. I'm **** at it. But yeah, I reckon most people must have tried it for the lulz at some point.:colondollar:
God I do so hate eggs, ah well...
Alpha kid is alpha:

For rap appreciators:

Original post by The Blind Monk
U4M1R is rather good at it. I'm **** at it. But yeah, I reckon most people must have tried it for the lulz at some point.:colondollar:

I've never tried it properly before. Did some dumbell pressing over Easter when i had no access to a proper gym and only went to 20kg. Reckon i could get like 26at the gym. Will try it monday...

Also, going for a 120kg deadlift hold as well.

Added them in to Me/Pete's competition... Reckon i'll win the press and he'll win the deadlift hold but will be good fun...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7508
Original post by MHorman
Any of you guys tried doing WSM style one arm overhead press?
I'm tempted to try it in future for fun.

Floor to ceiling and see what the highest weight i can get locked out would be.
Dunno whereabout to put it in my workout though.

Would probably do it on squat/bench/deadlift day after deadlifting... Would be slightly less weight than i could lift at the beginning but i wouldn't wanna comprimise the other lifts...

I do one arm DB presses quite alot. I think I got 35x3 last time I went heavy, cant remember
Never done one arm DB presses, do you use any leg drive?
Reply 7510
I messed around with 1 arm DB presses and went up to 45kg with leg drive. They are fun will do them more, only problem is if the DB falls out of the groove slightly it has a chance of hitting you in the heed.
Original post by Michael XYZ
You referring to this http://www.sshealthfoods.com/pages.php?page=lt.fitnessgear&details=1354 ?

It's the belt I'm thinking of getting soon. Thanks for the review. How much did you get/can you get the Zulu for out of interest?

Yeah that one.

I paid £40 for the Zulu, the new style ones are £42. So with delivery factored in you'd be talking £48 for the Zulu, £31 for the SS. Both good value imo.
I've got the zulu one and I like it.
Probably gonna get the SS 'cause I'm cheap, :P
The Zulu Defcon Evo is awesome. What exactly are the issues that other people have with it?
Original post by Mr. Fox
The Zulu Defcon Evo is awesome. What exactly are the issues that other people have with it?

Think SMed said that he couldn't get it as tight as he could his single prong, owing to the lever-type mechanism.
How tight do you wear your belt?

I still can't seem to find the 'sweet' spot. It always feel like I'm either wearing it too high/low and too tight/loose. Not good.
Reply 7517
I started to wear my belt looser on deads, probably because I am fatter and need an extra hole, it seems to feel better to not be intestine crushingly tight but still enough to get a bit of stability.

Squats I still like to have it so tight that it forces the contents of my colon out when I hit depth.
I've got a belt I just can't get used to it, like cowsforsale said, just can't find the good spot, not too tight/too loose.

Although when I do use it, feels like my heads going to explode, haha.
Reply 7519
My belt is utter ****. It only really adds a tiny bit of weight and stability for squats. But I still wear it for some other stuff cos placebo = lift slight bit more

Latest