vet med/sci offers-interviews-rejections!?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
cherub_rock
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Who out there has heard from uni's in regards to Vet med/Sci? I read that some people have had offers from edin and bristol etc but it's really early and I was pretty sure they didn't make offers without interviewing you first! have they interviewed you already? you must have been pretty shiny! unless cambridge, by the looks of things they seem to interview everyone... :-o
my friend has only heard from bristol (no no no...they said!) and liverpool (interview on weds)but not from edin or RVC. has anyone heard from these and if yes, when did you hear? and what did they say?
what's quite funny is he applied to liverpool last year, had interview, got rejected, he asked why, they said "we did not feel you were suited to a vet degree..blah, blah..but your written piece was good", he reapplied this year, they invite him for interview!"
contradiction?
I think so.
Anyways, what does everyone think, and how is the selcetion process working out for you?!
xxxxx
Pollo Loco
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Some people have had interviews/offers from Bristol and RVC. Edinburgh is a bit later and has already sent rejections (I know I got one). So if you've not yet had rejection from Edin its likely to be a good sign. I was also rejected by Bristol after interview. Just had interview at RVC (some people were interviewed as early as October) should hear mid next week. Also have an offer from Cambridge after interview.
cherub_rock
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
wow! that's fantastic, I bet you're pretty chuffed to be offered a place at cambridge-you're obviously shiny! good luck with rvc as well, if you were offered a place there which uni would you prefer? I know most people would think "cambridge, obviously..." but I suppose London is a completly different atmosphere, if that appeals to you :-)
mjf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi I have an interview at Liverpool on the 28th too - can you put me in touch with your friend that is going next week? Id be really interested to know how they work with their interviews etc.
Have you heard from anywhere yet?
Pollo Loco
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cherub_rock)
wow! that's fantastic, I bet you're pretty chuffed to be offered a place at cambridge-you're obviously shiny! good luck with rvc as well, if you were offered a place there which uni would you prefer? I know most people would think "cambridge, obviously..." but I suppose London is a completly different atmosphere, if that appeals to you :-)
Cam would be first choice as I prefer the course structure there. RVC looks OK but the area of London is a bit seedy (if you know what I mean). Cam is a great city and the atmosphere there feels really good, night life would be much better in London though. Given the course content for Vet Sci/Med I'm not sure how much time I'd have to appreciate night life though.

Thanks for wishes.
PL
dbvet
Report 16 years ago
Hi
I have applied (in order of preference) to:

Edinburgh
Glasgow
Bristol
Liverpool

I have had an offer of AAB from Edinburgh and have been offered an interview from Bristol. Liverpool sent me home status forms and then declined me home status so I probably won't be going there even if I am offered an interview/place. I haven't heard back at all from Glasgow yet. Has anyone else applied to Glasgow?

My interview in Edinburgh was on the 21st or 22nd of december and they said they had been interviewing for a while already.
Also some of the people being interviewed on the same day as me had already been to Glasgow for an interview so I don't know how how it all works really... are they likely to hold more interviews or what?

P.S. I live abroad and so have to fly back to Britain for the interviews. Since I have been given an offer from Edinburgh which is my first choice what is anyone's opinion on Bristol. Should I go back? I don't think I am very likely to get a lower offer?!
mjf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dbvet)
Hi
I have applied (in order of preference) to:

Edinburgh
Glasgow
Bristol
Liverpool

I have had an offer of AAB from Edinburgh and have been offered an interview from Bristol. Liverpool sent me home status forms and then declined me home status so I probably won't be going there even if I am offered an interview/place. I haven't heard back at all from Glasgow yet. Has anyone else applied to Glasgow?

My interview in Edinburgh was on the 21st or 22nd of december and they said they had been interviewing for a while already.
Also some of the people being interviewed on the same day as me had already been to Glasgow for an interview so I don't know how how it all works really... are they likely to hold more interviews or what?

P.S. I live abroad and so have to fly back to Britain for the interviews. Since I have been given an offer from Edinburgh which is my first choice what is anyone's opinion on Bristol. Should I go back? I don't think I am very likely to get a lower offer?!
You may be given an offer of AAB from Bristol, but as far as I know most have been AAA as it is soo popular there. The other thing with bristol is that your third subject could be nonscience. Not that good if you are only doing three A levels though! Ive heard that a couple of people have been turned down by Glasgow already so you may h ave an interview. I know of one person who has an interview next month though so im not sure how long they go on for. From what I can remember Glasgow take mainly scottish students.
spam
Report 16 years ago
i have a friend who wants to apply for vet med soon(next few yrs), do you know of a website equilavent to medschoolguide for vets??
mjf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by spam)
i have a friend who wants to apply for vet med soon(next few yrs), do you know of a website equilavent to medschoolguide for vets??
No it would be really useful though - maybe you could start one?! :P
spam
Report 16 years ago
unfortunately i have applied for medicine!! lol, but i think it would be really useful, as i know medschoolguide is for medics!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (91)
22.14%
No (320)
77.86%

Watched Threads