Caution: Tesco celery

Watch
Delenn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Dear Tesco/celery fans & Co,

I have found disgusting red worms in a pack of celery I bought from them recently and thought I would share. I found them wrapping themselves around the smaller pieces in the middle -sadly this was after already eating two :zomg: which tasted funny.

I know you have to wash them before eating but this is just revolting! Should I write and complain?

Here is a pic: :eek4:
Ruthi-SH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
write a letter to complaints department with that picture, say you had already eaten some adn that you want your money back. My brother did that for weetabix that had some bug in it and instead of being refunded the price of a box he had a cheque for £40 sent :\
-beads-
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Letter, definitely. That's a bit... :\

:eek4:
chemical_bex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Definitely complain!
That's the first thing I would have done.
Go go go!
RageVI
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
OH MY GOSH, SOMETHING NATURAL.. Just wash it off.

And we wonder why humans get ill soo much.. We dont build up an immune system.
Tabers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yuck! Complain and send the picture.
wes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's normal. Wash your vegetables.
electriic_ink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whilst Tesco endeavours to produce the highest quality celery for its customers, occasionally some mistakes are made. We are sorry you were dissatisfied with the quality of celery you purchased and will be refunding you the full cost of the bag and sending you a voucher for 10 free packs of celery as a gesture of goodwill.
Linzikins
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Eww that is gross. Complain.
AP1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They'll send it to a lab for inspection then refund you the cost.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ruthi-SH)
write a letter to complaints department with that picture, say you had already eaten some adn that you want your money back. My brother did that for weetabix that had some bug in it and instead of being refunded the price of a box he had a cheque for £40 sent :\
Weetabix is different - it's a ready made product. Celery is grown in fields, and strangely enough there can be bugs there.
Willum Infanta
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't be a spoilsport, they may have good protein in them :yep:
Ruthi-SH
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
Weetabix is different - it's a ready made product. Celery is grown in fields, and strangely enough there can be bugs there.
it wasnt about the product, more so about complaints i was refering to, OP should complain tbh and at least get his money back for the celery and yes i am aware that bugs can be present but it is tescos responsibility to ensure that it is fit for human consumption, obvviously its not possible to get rid of all the bugs but they should give money back when cases like this occur
RageVI
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Linzikins)
Eww that is gross. Complain.
Its gross that celery is grown in a field? Your celery probably has worms slime all over it.. just because you cannot see it... Its natural..
RageVI
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
it wasnt about the product, more so about complaints i was refering to, OP should complain tbh and at least get his money back for the celery and yes i am aware that bugs can be present but it is tescos responsibility to ensure that it is fit for human consumption, obvviously its not possible to get rid of all the bugs but they should give money back when cases like this occur
It is fit for human consumption.. something called the tap was invented.

Also it would probably do humans some good to eat it, actually give the immune system something to work on for once..
Bobcat65
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Those poor worms D:
Ruthi-SH
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RageVI)
It is fit for human consumption.. something called the tap was invented.

Also it would probably do humans some good to eat it, actually give the immune system something to work on for once..
How do you know its fit for human consumption? What if they get ill? Its a worm, not a bit of dirt that can be washed off.
Linzikins
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RageVI)
Its gross that celery is grown in a field? Your celery probably has worms slime all over it.. just because you cannot see it... Its natural..
You expect a certain standard of food when you buy them from shops, they are supposed to be cleaned. It's like those poisonous spiders that were found in a bunch of bananas, you don't expect it to happen and it shouldn't. Company's wouldn't provide apologies and refunds if it wasn't necessary.
RageVI
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How do you know its fit for human consumption? What if they get ill? Its a worm, not a bit of dirt that can be washed off.
I didn't know worms were water resistant?

What if they get ill? I think that proves the point that humans are going back in evolutionary terms, we hide ourselves from nature and do not build up a proper immune system.. and then when you get old it screws you over big time.
thecdon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Milk it! Contact newspapers etc!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.64%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (110)
16.72%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.81%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (52)
7.9%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (129)
19.6%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.78%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.19%

Watched Threads