The Student Room Group
I'd say History and Economics are particularly relevant, and Geography won't be a problem in terms of applications. The other subject that's relevant is of course Politics.

Should you take those 3? If that's what you are interested in, yes. They should be fine for an IR application.
Economics is a must really. For my IR module the people who are struggling are those without Economics. Can't really say about the other two because I haven't taken them, although I'd guess History would be dependent on what branch you were taking.
Well I did English lit, History and Media studies (I did IR before I did Politics BA). I really don't think it matters too much..
I am doing Economics, Business Studies and Geography - they are quite good combinations for Politics although Business Studies is probably the odd one out. However, I don't have any problem relating the subject to Politics at all. I was lucky that my Geography exam board has a lot of political contents, it is about geopolitics and stuffs, So Geography won't do ANY harm at all. But I would say History, Economics and Geography and Maths are good combinations if your college don't offer Politics. But if they do, go for it. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending