This discussion is closed.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Does anyone think they are a waste of time, I don't, actually I'm not sure... but they are pretty damn stressful :rolleyes: I feel like I have a load of pressure on me to do well...
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
Does anyone think they are a waste of time, I don't, actually I'm not sure... but they are pretty damn stressful :rolleyes: I feel like I have a load of pressure on me to do well...
Hmmm... surprising that. You find pressure on you to do well.

Yeah... I get that. Our school just wants to look good.
amexblack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
absolutely, a complete waste of time.

To paraphrase Eton's headmaster ... like collecting boyscout badges.
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, I just want to get them over and done with so I can start a-levels. There's so stressful and most of them will probably be completely irrelevent to what I end up doing.
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amexblack)
absolutely, a complete waste of time.

To paraphrase Eton's headmaster ... like collecting boyscout badges.
Yeah, I agree. The exams, and even more so the courseworks, are just jumping through hoops.
bougeoursie_Roo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)
Yeah, I just want to get them over and done with so I can start a-levels. There's so stressful and most of them will probably be completely irrelevent to what I end up doing.
gcses affect your chances to which unis u can get into...
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I found GCSEs quite hard to be honest and given that only 50% of people get 5 A*-Cs a lot of people must find them hard.
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bougeoursie_Roo)
gcses affect your chances to which unis u can get into...
I am confident my as-levels will more than make up for them.
me!
Rep:
?
Yeah, I agree. The exams, and even more so the courseworks, are just jumping through hoops.
There is a load of coursework, and the amount I did for geography was just stupid (80 pages, for each of 2 projects)... I kinda wish they were all over (surprise, surprise)... I think I'm pretty stressed out at the mo...
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Have you all started revising yet? I haven't!
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)

absulotley ive done no work over the last two years and i still get As and A*s in all my practise papers and ive been predicted As and A*s. The coursework is a bit stressful because the deadlines tend to be in the same week. GCSEs are far too dossy...and a total waste of time.

what year are you in me?
bougeoursie_Roo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am confident my as-levels will more than make up for them.
not for oxbridge... you'll b lucky to get in with less than 60% A or A* grades, and even then you had better give a dam good interview, so many people are getting good A and As Levels that gcses r reli important now
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If i could chose again id drop latin and geography...i hate them sooooooo much and id take up art and drama instead...i really miss them.

The geography coursework killed me lol...i did it in like one week every evening...i dont know how i got it done though...i surprised myself!
bougeoursie_Roo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
If i could chose again id drop latin and geography...i hate them sooooooo much and id take up art and drama instead...i really miss them.

The geography coursework killed me lol...i did it in like one week every evening...i dont know how i got it done though...i surprised myself!
latin is a *****, i agree with that...
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
There is a load of coursework, and the amount I did for geography was just stupid (80 pages, for each of 2 projects)... I kinda wish they were all over (surprise, surprise)... I think I'm pretty stressed out at the mo...
Yeah, the geographers at my school had to do 15000 words or something. That's why I didn't do geography.

(Original post by happysunshine)
Have you all started revising yet? I haven't!
lol

surely you're joking?

(Original post by bougeoursie_Roo)
not for oxbridge... you'll b lucky to get in with less than 60% A or A* grades, and even then you had better give a dam good interview, so many people are getting good A and As Levels that gcses r reli important now
I don't think I'll get bad GCSEs, but I won't get all a*s. If I apply for maths or engineering or something I very much doubt they'll care about what I got in GCSE German or RE. If I decide to apply for medicine, I doubt I'd apply for Oxbridge.
me!
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
absulotley ive done no work over the last two years and i still get As and A*s in all my practise papers and ive been predicted As and A*s. The coursework is a bit stressful because the deadlines tend to be in the same week. GCSEs are far too dossy...and a total waste of time.

what year are you in me?
Year 11. I have 4 weeks to finish all the coursework which I didn't do or in some cases ones that we haven't even started yet for all my subjects... I hate being predicted A's and A*'s cos I feel a lot of pressure to do well. It's not that the school wants to look good, people just expect me to do well...

lol I'd much rather be swinging from a lampost than do coursework
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think we should do less subjects at GCSE and do them in one year...i seriously dont do jack in my lessons...
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

lol

surely you're joking?

I keep beating myself up because I have so much freetime and I feel like everyone else is revising?
bougeoursie_Roo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No mate, seriously, its annoying i know, cause i suck at french, but even for medical school oxbridge or big famous with high fees with lots of competition, sum1 with nice gcses is clearly a better student than sum1 with cs
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
I keep beating myself up because I have so much freetime and I feel like everyone else is revising?
My sisters franticly revising for her A2s at the moment and it really makes me feel like I am not doing enough.

I would say there is no point on revising for your GCSEs until about March, but then I only got 5C's and 3d's so I am not the best person to give advice (however my school did only have a 10% pass rate (5 5A-Cs).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (233)
61.48%
Yes- I don't like it (17)
4.49%
No- I want it (104)
27.44%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.6%

Watched Threads