Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Im planning to drop out of UOL during December due to some financial problems. I have paid half of my course fees and I have also paid my accomodation fees up to January. So does anyone know when I drop out do I still have to pay the rest of my Course and accomodation fees? That would be horrible
    Anyones in similar experience could advise or help me please.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't see why you would pay it, if you don't attend the next semester you don't get the money. So I presume you wouldn't have to pay tuition fees. As for accommodation just tell them at the desk you'll be leaving in December and they will cancel the contract. (You won't get your deposit back though if you did pay one).

ReputationRep:
    I can't really say for your uni in particular, but when I dropped out in April, having just paid my last installment of accommodation, I could have got the money back. Sadly due to me being too wrapped up in the stress of dropping out and moving home etc I didn't do it in time and got nothing. Call the accommodation office now and tell them your situation and there is always a chance.

As for uni fees I have no idea, might be worth informing SF.

ReputationRep:
    It will probably be in your tenancy agreement you will have paid and signed for before coming to Uni, depending on what is written in there will effect what you may still need to pay. I'm at Uni and even if I drop out I still have to pay for the rent even if I'm not living there up until the end of the agreement I signed for in the first place.

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.