The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

eric bischoff
im thinking of making a angelfire one but i cant figure out how it works so can someone please explain how to create one and add pages?

I'm... an angelfire... I... can't... works,

What are they teaching you at school?
Reply 2
Angelfire is horrible... way too many pop-ups. Geocities is a little lighter on the ads, and has this thing called a page builder, which makes it really easy to make pages.
Reply 3
Michael Beaver
I'm... an angelfire... I... can't... works,

What are they teaching you at school?

boring stuff

anyway does anyone know how to create a site using angelfire?
eric bischoff
boring stuff

anyway does anyone know how to create a site using angelfire?

I use Apache. It's quite easy. I used Word to create the pages but they look a bit shitty:

http://www.michaelbeaver.co.uk
Reply 5
Frances
Angelfire is horrible... way too many pop-ups. Geocities is a little lighter on the ads, and has this thing called a page builder, which makes it really easy to make pages.

but pagebuilder wont load up on my computer
Reply 7
I really don't understand what is been said
Reply 8
eric bischoff
but pagebuilder wont load up on my computer

Really? Why not?
Custard
I really don't understand what is been said

Is that supposed to be ironic?
Reply 10
I just used paid services now, had enough of the crappy free ones.
Reply 11
amazingtrade

I know, they're horrible. Which reminds me, I need to send the cheque off to the hosting company. Dammit...
amazingtrade

Mr Trade, how do you add an IP address logger and a page counter?
Reply 13
isnt f2s one of the best free hosters? it also does (i believe) cgi and php, but im not sure.
Reply 14
Michael Beaver

Some web space prodivders give you statistics which log the IP addresses. Or you could code somthing which copies the IP address to a database. A counter can be created by using code from the web.

www.cutandpastescripts.com is a very handy site.
Reply 15
My free bravenet hit couner used to log the ip addresses for me. I think most of the free one's do actually.
amazingtrade
Some web space prodivders give you statistics which log the IP addresses. Or you could code somthing which copies the IP address to a database. A counter can be created by using code from the web.

www.cutandpastescripts.com is a very handy site.

Thanks
Reply 17
Michael Beaver
Thanks

it dosn't work

http://www.cutandpastescripts.com
Reply 18
Michael Beaver

Most (all in my experiance but i could be wrong) paid hosts will provide hosting logs, which contain page visited, client IP and more info. You can get free packages to analyse the stats to produce page hits by page, session, etc.
Reply 19
Just use Dreamweaver to create your site. When I first used it, I have a site up in 30mins.

Latest

Trending

Trending