This discussion is closed.
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
I use Apache. It's quite easy. I used Word to create the pages but they look a bit ****ty:

http://www.michaelbeaver.co.uk
Oh.
My.
God.

Never ever use Word to do html!
Never!

That goes for everyone, I don't want more annoying flotsam and jetsam floating around the web.
However the use of Apache to host it is much better.

With regard to making webpages easily; buy webhosting - you get what you pay for in life. 34SP are very good and reasonably priced!
If you _must_ use a WYSIWYG editor then use Dreamweaver.

Alaric.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Dreamweaver is good I used dreamweaver to create my site because I was being lazy. When I come to redesign it though I shall use notepad.

A freeware program called Ist Page 2000 is very good. Its not WYSIWYG but it has all the HTML syntax all built in.

Word produces nasty very inefficient HTML code.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
whats wrong with notepad? that's all i ever use (and getting the layout right.... well that's just trial and error....)
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it can take ages in notepad though, with somthing like Ist Page its still all you own code you still have total control but you can get things done faster. If I had to buy software for my company (if I had one) I would not buy dreamweaver.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads