The World's Strictest Parents... Are you REALLY telling the truth?

Watch
nosignal456
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Okay so some of you may have seen the programme called the 'Worlds Strictest Parents' which is basically based on some little **i*s going to some far off corner on the world to be completely reformed.

Okay so they go for a period of one week and it seems like and AMAZING transformation. The person is completely different and goes from an alcoholic 20-a-day smoker to a Buddhist who meditates in the back garden of her council flat. Really? Is this real life.... i doubt it....

Opinions?
Amstead
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What really pisses me off on this show is they always seem to be dumb ****s who tell the camera crew where there hidden contraband is.
B230
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's quite clearly scripted. Period.
tieyourmotherdown
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What angers me most is the famillies they get put with. I mean did you see the family this week? They didn't let their kdis watch TV and they played CARDS for entertainment? Poor things. I know it's all for entertainment but some of the famillies they get put with are seriously odd.

And yeah I agree that ofcourse it's not a proper transformation. They probably go home, do the washing up for 4 days and then slip back into their old habits.
CoffeeStinks
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah I'm pretty sure that they play up to get accepted on the show, because there's only been a few episodes that I have seen were the teens have been just as annoying as when they went in.
Steevee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd love to go on one of those.

The parents are always religious, and frankly ridiculous.
nosignal456
Rep:
?
(Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
What angers me most is the famillies they get put with. I mean did you see the family this week? They didn't let their kdis watch TV and they played CARDS for entertainment? Poor things. I know it's all for entertainment but some of the famillies they get put with are seriously odd.

And yeah I agree that ofcourse it's not a proper transformation. They probably go home, do the washing up for 4 days and then slip back into their old habits.
I did watch the programme this week, absolutely ridiculous. I mean there's parenting then there's just being ridiculous. Either extreme is not healthy in my opinion.
username244734
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I found it weirder that the families they lived with had no idea of their names or anything =\

I feel bad for those families... They probably had no idea what they were in for. And the British teens are just on there to milk up the 'fame'. Still, makes a good watch when you're bored.
Willum Infanta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One of my friends went on the tv program about families who give their children too much junk food; and what they basically did was bought loads of food for my mate and her siblings and said to her to just eat it and we'll film you...

At the end the crew took away the uneaten stuff and threw it in the bin :lolwut:

Tv nowadays is dire.
jessyfantastic90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its back!
innerhollow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did think it sounded rather scripted, especially that episode where the bratty girl decided to stay with the strict parents for another 2 weeks :lolwut: And in the same episode the guy transforming from lazy hedonist to super hard worker in like... a day.

I don't mind too much cos it's still got a decent entertainment value, and the BBC has a duty to ensure that people find its shows entertaining and feel like they are getting value for their TV license.
qasman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JakeNielen)
Okay so some of you may have seen the programme called the 'Worlds Strictest Parents' which is basically based on some little **i*s going to some far off corner on the world to be completely reformed.

Okay so they go for a period of one week and it seems like and AMAZING transformation. The person is completely different and goes from an alcoholic 20-a-day smoker to a Buddhist who meditates in the back garden of her council flat. Really? Is this real life.... i doubt it....

Opinions?
Reality TV =/= Life

Whatever happens, it's TV. there's always made-up BS. at the end of the day, they need to make an entertaining show. That's priority numero uno
un-besito
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LMAO @ her meditating in her backgarden yesterday. Ridiculous!
littlehobbit
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One of the girls in the series before this one went to my old school and I was quite good friends with her. The way she shouted at the mum of the family was not necessarily out of character, but she wouldn't have taken it as far as she did, so I'm pretty sure that a lot of it is scripted! There's surely no way some of the things would go on otherwise!
JosieMcfeene
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ugh this show is silly, It's obvious they only went on it for a free holiday?
Anybody ever see that show brat camp? Now that was the way to slap a chav back into reality xD
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 10 years ago
You think parenting is not healthy?! :zomg:
nosignal456
Rep:
?
(Original post by + polarity -)
You think parenting is not healthy?! :zomg:
No no, that's not what i'm saying at all. I'm saying the opposite ends of the spectrum are unhealthy. To control your child is unfair and unjust whilst to allow them free reign is also not fair.

Parents have to find a happy meidum between the two.
morecambebay
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
Its not as scripted as the american undercover boss series. That thing is scripted down to the minute, with the exact same 'random' events happening at the exact same time every show.
morecambebay
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago

Am I the only person that thinks those are good things?
ily_em
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

There was a TV in Anastasia's room though; it showed in the corner when she was moving in. I think the show exaggerates the strict parents thing...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (62)
56.36%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (12)
10.91%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (16)
14.55%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (7)
6.36%
I haven't started researching yet (7)
6.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
5.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed