The Student Room Group

AS Help

Hi, i've recently signed up to this site, and i was wondering if anyone could help me with AS/ career issues.

I passed my GCSEs with all A's/A*s and im now doing AS in:
Chemistry
Maths
Economics
Physics

I've done a term of work and though the work is tough, its not too bad once you get you're head round it. The dilema i have is that i'm not really sure what i want to do as a career. i've thought of engineering and medicine both of which i can do if i continue and pass the alevels in the subjects i'm doing now. But recently i've become interested in dentistry and i'm not aware of universities accpeting students without biology for dentistry. do you guys know any? this leads on to my next question do you think it'll be worthwhile to drop physics and do biology? I understand there will be alot of catching up to do and hard work to be put in but should i?

sorry for the long winded post and thanks in advance
Reply 1
if i were you, i would continue with the 4 AS's your doing this year.
see how you feel when you get your AS results about whether your still interested in dentisty.
if you are, then drop one of the 4 subjects (eg Physics) and only study 3 to A2 (eg Math, Chem, Eco) and pick up Biology as an AS in your final year, along with your 3 A2s.
it will be lots of work but you seem pretty smart.
Reply 2
hmm its up to you if your really keen in dentistry then yh u could drop physics and pick biology bt you'll be behind and you'll have to catch up x :smile:

Latest