The Student Room Group

Sociology - AQA Unit Three: Beliefs in Society

Heyyy guys and girls,

Just wondering who is taking this exam either in January or June and how everyone is finding it :smile:

Rachel

x

Scroll to see replies

I'm taking it in January, it's really interesting I'm just really bad at remembering names :/

Let's just hope aqa don't mess up the marking this time.
Reply 2
Original post by shootforstars
I'm taking it in January, it's really interesting I'm just really bad at remembering names :/

Let's just hope aqa don't mess up the marking this time.

Oh god same, I got an A in sociology last year but english literature aqa messed up and I got a D, AND I want to do it at uni!! And oh god I need to cut down all of the names and who says what because I have wayyy too many to remember x
Reply 3
Doing it in June, havn't started yet, but its basically about religion right?
I am :smile:
It's my favourite module so far and I'm taking the exam in January.
Reply 5
Original post by Quintessence.
I am :smile:
It's my favourite module so far and I'm taking the exam in January.

I can't wait for crime and deviance but this is a good topic :smile: how far in are you? X
Original post by Rachel_Leah
I can't wait for crime and deviance but this is a good topic :smile: how far in are you? X

I'm learning crime and deviance at the moment too if you have any questions. :smile:
I have two teachers - one for beliefs, one for crime (and then the belief teacher teaches crime too after the January exam.)
We are looking at organisations of religions at the moment, finished all the theory. Yourself? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Quintessence.
I'm learning crime and deviance at the moment too if you have any
questions. :smile:
I have two teachers - one for beliefs, one for crime (and then the belief teacher teaches crime too after the January exam.)
We are looking at organisations of religions at the moment, finished all the theory. Yourself? :smile:

We've finished all the topics in beliefs apart from secularisation with one teacher, and we've just started the theory and methods section with another. And thanks, I will let you know if I need any help with anything :smile: x
Oh god same, I got an A in sociology last year but english literature aqa messed up and I got a D, AND I want to do it at uni!! And oh god I need to cut down all of the names and who says what because I have wayyy too many to remember x

I went up to an A in sociology because of the marking, long story short but they ended up remarking all of the papers in our college, but only for the Education module.

Did you do Lit B, I got a D in that even though it was a retake and my teacher did intensive lessons, I did try and get the paper recalled but it was to late. Ah well have to be third time lucky :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by shootforstars
I went up to an A in sociology because of the marking, long story short but they ended up remarking all of the papers in our college, but only for the Education module.

Did you do Lit B, I got a D in that even though it was a retake and my teacher did intensive lessons, I did try and get the paper recalled but it was to late. Ah well have to be third time lucky :smile:

No, I'm doing Lit A, but whatever happens AQA are really REALLY **** at marking and it annoys me because all of my subjects are on this exam board!?!?!?!? I got 5 marks off full marks in the education module and have no idea how, I may have stolen some of your marks so I am sorry lol.

That's good that they remarked it up properly though, loads of people have english remarked, someone went from a D to a B but then some just went up by five marks even though we are all capable of As and Bs. Mental.
I'm taking it in January. I'm finding it a bit dull, I'm not sure if I'll be able to remember it all!

I'm predicted an A, but I'm not sure I'll get that.
Reply 11
Hi :smile: I am taking the whole sociology A level in January, so units 1,2,3 and 4... all by myself, eeek!!!

I haven't started Unit 3 yet, but I may do beliefs in society as it looks better than crime and deviance?
Reply 12
Original post by calannra
Hi :smile: I am taking the whole sociology A level in January, so units 1,2,3 and 4... all by myself, eeek!!!

I haven't started Unit 3 yet, but I may do beliefs in society as it looks better than crime and deviance?

Wow that's a lot of work, but good on you :smile: I think unit four IS crime and deviance so I don't think you have a choice, but beliefs is the paper out of 80 UMS marks and crime out of 120 x
Reply 13
Wow that's a lot of work, but good on you :smile: I think unit four IS crime and deviance so I don't think you have a choice, but beliefs is the paper out of 80 UMS marks and crime out of 120 x

Oh yes so it is! I think my school do Mass Media for unit 3 (please tell me thats in unit 3..) but I think I may do beliefs as it sounds a bit better?

Yeah it is a lot of work, I'm quite worried!
Reply 14
I'm doing this january, quite nervous about it.
Only got a C in an essay we did about religion as a force for change, predicted an A!! :s-smilie:!
My feedback was using concepts more and adding evaluation. When talking about neo-marxist and Weber i only briefly mentioned them, should have gone into detail.
We haven't started the crime bit yet, we do that after the beliefs exam in jan!

Good luck everyone!
Bricking this exam. Can't get anything lower than A in January really. I'm lucky that it's my only exam in January but if anyone has any tips for this paper, then please do share - particularly on the structure they're looking for within he exams.
Reply 16
I've decided to do Mass Media instead of beliefs, but good luck to people learning beliefs! :smile:
My class is really, really behind atm. I think BiS will be the hardest out of the four exams we do tbh.

I'm fairly up to date and I'll be revising like crazy until the end of January but we've only just done secularisation...
Reply 18
Is it just me finding this unit seriously easy? I think I've finished it all now.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Is it just me finding this unit seriously easy? I think I've finished it all now.

We haven't even been taught half of it yet. Could well be the hardest out of the four exams IMO.

Quick Reply

Latest