The Student Room Group

Sociology - AQA Unit Three: Beliefs in Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have 15 pages of condensed notes which consist of all my teachers notes, 2 books + wider reading. Anyone want me to post?
Reply 21
Original post by Noodlzzz
I have 15 pages of condensed notes which consist of all my teachers notes, 2 books + wider reading. Anyone want me to post?

that would be fantastic! I think I am changing my mind and doing beliefs... haha!
finished the unit a couple of weeks ago. it seems ok actually . i kinda just want to sit the exam now and get it done as its the one i feel most confident about.
Reply 23
I'm doing Sociology at Uni, but Oh My God, this beliefs in society unit is SO BORING. At least IMO, I know there are a lot of people who enjoy it though. It's easy, and I don't have any problems with understanding the topic, but I really find it extremaly boring. The most annoying unit so far. I'm an atheist too so learning about these things just doesn't get through to me. Can't wait for the crime module though!
i reckon its quite easy cos we have had it finished for almost a month just revising doing a couple of papers a week, virtually the whole class is on track for an A so yeah i love sociology
Original post by noodlzzz
i have 15 pages of condensed notes which consist of all my teachers notes, 2 books + wider reading. Anyone want me to post?

post it post it post it :smile:)
Reply 26
Sorry it took so long guys, anyway attached it all below.
Reply 27

thankyou! these are brilliant :smile:
Reply 28

thanks so much for those, those are brilliant notes :biggrin:
Original post by Snow841
I'm doing Sociology at Uni, but Oh My God, this beliefs in society unit is SO BORING. At least IMO, I know there are a lot of people who enjoy it though. It's easy, and I don't have any problems with understanding the topic, but I really find it extremaly boring. The most annoying unit so far. I'm an atheist too so learning about these things just doesn't get through to me. Can't wait for the crime module though!

I agree 100%. It completely saps the motivation out of you. So mind-numbingly dull that I risk just doing so badly due to a lack of interest.

Thank you :biggrin:

Cheers for the notes pal! If we end up at the same university I'll buy you a pint!
Reply 32
Original post by ilickbatteries
Cheers for the notes pal! If we end up at the same university I'll buy you a pint!

No worries, and I'll take you up on that!
Reply 33
I'm taking this exam in January. It's not the most interesting thing we've done, but I definitely don't find it boring. I'm so glad I get to take it in January though - with the amount of names and studies, I'd hate to do both in the summer!

Our class was really on track, just about to start the final little bit, but we've been seriously snowed in and college has been shut all week. A little worried now since the exam seems so close!

Original post by LiamTheKook
Bricking this exam. Can't get anything lower than A in January really. I'm lucky that it's my only exam in January but if anyone has any tips for this paper, then please do share - particularly on the structure they're looking for within he exams.

If it's the structure you're worried about then get as many past papers as you can and even if you don't write the essays, you should do essay plans with them.
Look at the number of marks per question too. Things like 'List four reasons..' can be answered with simple bullet points (and assuming it's 8 marks) a really basic explanation next to each one which includes key terms. We've also been told that 33 mark questions should be about 4 pages handwritten (on average), to give you an idea about length.

If they ask questions like 'Assess the view that..' then the structure that always works is - short intro, everything you can think of that agrees with it, everything you can think of that disagrees with it then a short and rounded conclusion.

I don't really know if this is the kind of information you're looking for, haha, so I'll stop rambling for now, but if you've got any questions then just ask. :smile:
I don't think I'm an expert or anything but essay structure is something I've practised a lot because once you have that down, the rest comes so much easier.

I hope I've helped!
Original post by Miahrose
I hope I've helped!

You most certainly have indeed. I got a B in my Sociology mock this week which, though pleasing in the fact I used it as a benchmark to see where I was at with no revision, it was still disappointing, especially since I'm aiming for that A/A* mark. I've been looking at past papers etc. and they've given me an insight into what to include to get into the A* boundary .

Four pages of handwritten work is probably what will be my downfall. I don't doubt whatsoever that I can write four pages because in reality, I could write about 40 pages on Beliefs in Society but my problem is I am an awful timekeeper. Maybe it's my determination to get every mark possible that leaves me writing too much than what is necessary early on in the paper.
Reply 35
cheers for the notes, my teacher us useless and these have really helped :biggrin:
I have to say, I quite possibly have one of the worst Sociology teachers ever. Since the beginning of this course she has gone from being some nice old lady to the most annoying woman ever. She constantly goes off on a tangent and talks about completely irrelevant things and she has hardly taught us anything about the course in general.

I just want to say thank you Noodlzzz because your notes have been like a godsend and me and a bunch of people in my class love them.
Tah x
thankyou.thankyou.thankyou!
Reply 38
Original post by danwoodward93
I have to say, I quite possibly have one of the worst Sociology teachers ever. Since the beginning of this course she has gone from being some nice old lady to the most annoying woman ever. She constantly goes off on a tangent and talks about completely irrelevant things and she has hardly taught us anything about the course in general.

I just want to say thank you Noodlzzz because your notes have been like a godsend and me and a bunch of people in my class love them.
Tah x

Haha no probs, glad to know they're use to people!

Thanks so much for these, as much as I like my teacher endless handouts and discussions mean that I don't learn, your notes are brilliant :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest