Feeling faint, dizzy and light headed after smoking? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey,

I'm a pretty regular smoker yet i feel faint, dizzy, light-headed, and sometimes have blurred vision after smoking? this hasn't happened before.

Can anyone advise me on why this may be? Please don't lecture me on the dangers of smoking ... i know what i'm doing!!!
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How do you know it is directly caused by smoking?
theths
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
if you haven't smoked in a while (like a week or two depending on how regularly you smoke normally) your tolerance levels will drop, maybe that's it?
nuttygirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmm,I got that when I first started. It's because the nicotine affects oxygen supply to your brain. Don't know why you're suddenly getting it now though, sorry dude. :hmmmm:
Fjarskafinn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Something to do with your blood pressure perhaps? Get it checked?
Anonymous #1
I know it's to do with me smoking because it happens right after i smoke ... i had stopped smoking for a few days, yeah ... could that be it? do you know why that happens, or how long it normally takes for it to disappear?

thank you!!!
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are you eating well?
Anonymous #1
I have anorexia, but i only feel faint etc after smoking, and not really at any other time, so i didnt think it could be that?
jaheen22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's just a nicotene rush. No worries.
The Procrastinator
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It takes about 3 days for nicotine to leave your body so if you stopped for that long it was a good ol' fashioned niccy rush.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have anorexia, but i only feel faint etc after smoking, and not really at any other time, so i didnt think it could be that?
This is it probably it then.
Fggcgvgbh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's called a nicotine rush every time you stop smoking for about a week or have cigarette once every few weeks you will get it from time to time if you smoke every day you should go see a doctor
Daniellegahn
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i get light headed after every single hit, like I'm about to black out. But I'm anorexic as well.. So? This seems to be a common denominator
praf
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm just 19...and I'm not that heavy smoker. Only 6 sticks per day. By the way yesterday night I go black Out for Two times straight.. .I was drinking coffee with my best friend at restaurant .. And also having smoke at the same time. That time My friend was Telling me about a horror movie trailer(hand job cabin). I felt so disgust and scared from what he told.. On the same time I lighten up my second cigarette and took my first puff.. I start to imagine Myself about that movie. And then my body start weaken on my third puff.. Finally I go black out. the restaurant staffs Help my friend to wake me up.. After wake up I felt okay.. After a few seconds I feel weak again and I go black out for the second time. My friend told me that I made a sound like ( grrrrrer) and my body and my hand were twisted by itself before I go black Out... For the second time it was like normal. I hope there are some other reasons for what just happened yesterday.. First I like to masturbed.I do it frequently at nightIts like 4 times per week. Next week I'm going to join in a collage. Because I'm not fit.. I start to lose weight. For past two weeks I took only one meal per day .. .Also I drank so much of green tea.. Lemon juice.. Olive oil like four table spoon per day.. ( the day before yesterday I never eat anything for whole day .that day i drink only lemon extract with virgin olive oil for detox my body) Besides I did some workouts like crunches push /pull up For these two weeks. If I stretch my body... I can hear breaking soundS from all joints in my body..also I can hear a terrible sound from my back bone. Im also having a upper back pain Since I was 15.. There so much of pain at my upper back if I put my head down. ARE THESE CAN BE THE REASONS FOR WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY.. ??
praf
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm just 19...and I'm not that heavy smoker. Only 6 sticks per day. By the way yesterday night I go black Out for Two times straight.. .I was drinking coffee with my best friend at restaurant .. And also having smoke at the same time. That time My friend was Telling me about a horror movie trailer(hand job cabin). I felt so disgust and scared from what he told.. On the same time I lighten up my second cigarette and took my first puff.. I start to imagine Myself about that movie. And then my body start weaken on my third puff.. Finally I go black out. the restaurant staffs Help my friend to wake me up.. After wake up I felt okay.. After a few seconds I feel weak again and I go black out for the second time. My friend told me that I made a sound like ( grrrrrer) and my body and my hand were twisted by itself before I go black Out... For the second time it was like normal. I hope there are some other reasons for what just happened yesterday.. First I like to masturbed.I do it frequently at nightIts like 4 times per week. Next week I'm going to join in a collage. Because I'm not fit.. I start to lose weight. For past two weeks I took only one meal per day .. .Also I drank so much of green tea.. Lemon juice.. Olive oil like four table spoon per day.. ( the day before yesterday I never eat anything for whole day .that day i drink only lemon extract with virgin olive oil for detox my body) Besides I did some workouts like crunches push /pull up For these two weeks. If I stretch my body... I can hear breaking soundS from all joints in my body..also I can hear a terrible sound from my back bone. Im also having a upper back pain Since I was 15.. There so much of pain at my upper back if I put my head down. ARE THESE CAN BE THE REASONS FOR WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY.. ??
username2520143
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey,

I'm a pretty regular smoker yet i feel faint, dizzy, light-headed, and sometimes have blurred vision after smoking? this hasn't happened before.

Can anyone advise me on why this may be? Please don't lecture me on the dangers of smoking ... i know what i'm doing!!!
When you smoke, your brain is starved of oxygen...so that is why you get kind of dizzy.

...or it may be the demons entering your body.
username2324383
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should stop smoking before it is too late.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by samzy21)
You should stop smoking before it is too late.
OP posted this in 2010. Think it's too late already
Anonymous114
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you stop smoking for a period of time (whether that's a day, a few days, a week, etc), then you start again, it happens. Like someone on here said that your tolerance levels have dropped. When you're smoking regularly, like constantly/day-by-day, then your body and brain get used to it. I hope this helped, but if it's still happening when you get back into smoking regularly again and it's still happening, then I suggest seeking medical advice.
jackh747
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I get it all the time every morning i have my 1st fag , I feel light headed and a bit dizzy , I just have a glass of water or milk and it does the job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
15.19%
The paper was reasonable (1112)
55.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (438)
21.74%
It was TERRIBLE (159)
7.89%

Watched Threads